After twenty-five years, this "mystery" X-Files song was finally identified and released in its entirety

Originally published at: X-Files "mystery" song released 25 years later

2 Likes

“You ever seen that episode of The X-Files with the weird, unexplained phenomenon?”

2 Likes

Hey, that track is pretty dang sweet.

2 Likes

Well, it immediately takes me back to the 90s, when I wouldn’t hesitate to get upset on the internet about the song using light years as though they’re a measure of time rather than dlstance. Not like these days. Nope, not at all.

5 Likes

… trust no one :alien:

1 Like

Candy Corn Pizza GIF by BuzzFeed

2 Likes

Would you prefer if the song referred to the wait in terms of Kessel Runs?

3 Likes

What a great story!

I was a huge X Files fan back in the day, but never so obsessive as to spend 25 years tracking down a background track.

It’s a good song, actually, when you read the lyrics and compare them with the show. You’d need to put some lusher production behind it to release it today.

Congratulations to everyone!!!

2 Likes

Internet is really siloed. It’s always been.

ETA:

All of humanity is…

Fun fact, I am related to Glenn Jordan. He’s a cousin of my mother, and I still remember visiting his place in North Hollywood when I was a kid, also when he toured with Sha Na Na as “Guitar Glenn” for a few years. He’s also one of the sources of my love of Tangerine Dream and music in general.

I’m glad to see this article, as I knew he did lots of work for television as a composer, but he never reached Danny Elfman heights.

Keep on rockin’, Cousin Glenn!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.