Do you remember when the Cenobites showed up in Extreme Ghostbusters?

Originally published at: Do you remember when the Cenobites showed up in Extreme Ghostbusters? | Boing Boing

1 Like

It appears one of the character designers was posting about the vathek on DeivantArt in 2015.

We had Hellraiser in mind, without straying too close, it was a fun challenge.

Not a crossover, but one of the other commenters said they watched XGB first at an age when they were begging their mother to watch that movie. Another reply says that this designer trained one of the designers for the animated Men in Black series.

2 Likes

Do you remember when the Cenobites showed up in Extreme Ghostbusters?

No, but I remember when Full Moon crossed over Dollman vs the Demonic Toys.

5 Likes

Huh. Capt. Elizabeth Lochley.

It’s kind of bizarre that more horror properties don’t crossover in modernity.

I only just found out that in one of the '90s “Friday the 13th movies” (“Jason Goes to Hell”?), it’s a cross-over with the Evil Dead movies. Apparently the characters find that Mrs Voorhees had a copy of the (Evil Dead movie prop) Necronomicon (as well as another magic artifact prop from the ED movies), implying that she turned her dead son Jason into a Deadite. Which makes a fair amount of sense and also implies that the entire Friday the 13th franchise could be finally put to bed by one appearance of Bruce Campbell in the series.

3 Likes

Dynamite Entertainment has had the license for Army of Darkness comic books and there was a crossover with Freddy vs. Jason published by WildStorm.

1 Like

Ah, of course they did - I think they’ve done a ton of Evil Dead comic crossovers. Sounds like the comic, besides complicating things with Freddy, decided to make Jason more interesting, when he’s clearly just a bog-standard Deadite, something that Ash regularly dispatches without issues. Which would make for a relatively short comic…

I think that most of the crossovers Ash has appeared in were other properties Dynamite had licensed. But, there have been others where they worked with another publisher, such as Marvel Zombies.

1 Like

Blimey! That’s surprisingly intense! :grimacing:

2 Likes

I don’t think I’d seen this episode, but watching it brought back memories of watching Extreme Ghostbusters that I thought I’d repressed, so thanks for that, you monster.

2 Likes

People forget but JMS of Babylon 5 wrote for the Real Ghostbusters, who had a whole episode highlighting Cthulhu.

2 Likes

I enjoyed Extreme Ghostbusters as a kid, but yeeesh. I’m glad I missed that episode, because it would have wrecked me.

1 Like

I believe I saw this. I loved this cartoon because it had some genuinely creepy moments.

From Teh Wiki

The show was also noted for being aimed at “a slightly more adolescent audience with a tougher edge”, “clearly intended to test the boundaries of child-friendly horror”

I would say so!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.