Doctor says 'selfie wrist' injuries are on the rise

I hadn’t heardof “Nintendoitis” before. I do know that there were endless articles and news reports about “Joystick Elbow” by the media, as the condition existed before the Nintendo. Softline 1982, Atari Magazine 1983, Creative Computing 1983,Video & Game 1983 (PDF) Chicago Tribune 1989, Popular Electronics 1989 (PDF), Amiga Magazine 1991, CuiroCity 2012, … etc… Most of the modern links I found were advertisements noting how to avoid the condition with particular equipment or therapy. Not much has changed. (Look at those links and travel back in time.)

I also remember Nintendo thumb. The second reason I don’t think I’ll consul game.

We got one Sears Pong console (second hand) and then we got a TI-994a used at a super sale from a yard sale from down the street. (Along with miles of orange Hot Wheel’s racing track and a trash bag full of slot racing cars!) It didn’t have a printer and we needed something more utilitarian. There after we only desktop computers. We had to code a game(or something useful) to get a game. There was never a console game system ever in our house, nor spare quarters for the arcade games at Shake’s pizza. My sister and I had to work for our videogame kibble. I plan to do the same with my kids. My sister- I expect them to have “iPadoitis” by age 7.

I’d definitely want that one that makes me look like a nose floating around in dark fur giving a VR exam of some kind. Not too late to send out cards where I nervously recite that chain poem about spice putting dimes in notions?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.