Dog "dancing" to Native American music

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/26/dog-dancing-to-native-amer.html

This is what won Best Picture in 1990?

A little different than I remember:

At first I was like LOL.
Then I felt dirty…because the dog is really trying to get out…so we laugh at him to music.

That’s ironic because dogs aren’t allowed at pow wows.

Yep, only at bow wows.

… I’ll show myself out.

While this video isn’t actually from a powwow, as long as your animals are outside the dancing arena or any other sacred/blessed spaces you will see dogs at gathering, esp if it’s a multi-day event with camping/trailering.

I just realized you might be joking on the dog doing a fancy dance. If that is so then good one. That’s a solid joke that almost nobody will get, even me and I used to sell trade beads at gathering several times a year. I have to respect jokes that require the audience to actually know something that isn’t a popular culture reference.

3 thumbs up, would read again.

Well that video had Native American music, which one might hear at a pow wow dance. But right, they can’t be in the dancing area. I only know this because I have been to a couple and they had info on conduct and dos and don’ts.

So here is what I see.
1/ A dog held captive in a run behind a fence, making what looks to me like stereotype repetitive movements. This happens because they are under stress due of lack of sensory variance in their environment.

2/ Music playing that appears to match the dogs movements.

3/ No proof that the music was being played to the dog during filming.

In conclusion should we be calling animal services rather than watching said video?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.