Dog doesn't let its cat friend get in a fight

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/13/dog-doesnt-let-its-cat-frien.html

9 Likes

What i’m curious about is: Is the person filming the cat’s owner? Because if that’s the case why the hell are they filming it? The dog could’ve just not intervened or the cats could have jumped into a fight before the dog could pull him away. Meanwhile the owner is either off camera not paying attention, or worse… they’re the ones filming it.

6 Likes

35 Likes

That dog needs to be at every bar at closing time.

12 Likes

Made me LOL.

7 Likes

I don’t know how he could be “stealthily approaching another cat”, when that other cat clearly saw him coming.

1 Like

Because that’s just how cats roll, in general?

:wink:

15 Likes

A real friend would have helped him defend his turf, instead of nannying.

He’d be a real gangster cat with two golden retrievers at his side…

5 Likes

Is okaye…goodboye is dogsignated grrrdian.

– Doggo

9 Likes

Yeah, the fight would probably not have gone well for the cat with the leash attached. Not good.

1 Like

I’m guessing that doggo knows that owner is an enabler and largely ineffectual. I can’t think of another explanation why doggo would be motivated to intervene in this situation.

1 Like

I can think of another, simpler explanation.

2 Likes

Is it any fun, though? I mean…doggo resignedly taking care of problems while idiot owner lives life through camera and touchscreen…that’s good stuff, no?

Neighbors pittie rushed the fence at our elderly boxer. My oldest tom got between the two dogs and hissed at the pittie. He wasn’t going to let anyone bark at his doggo. Good fences are a wonderful thing.

9 Likes

Well, retrieving is what retrievers do.

2 Likes

Setup. It had a harness and a lead on? I reckon the owner deliberately put the cat in harm’s way

Leave it, Barry, he’s not werf it!

2 Likes

I’d have thought the fight wouldn’t have gone well for the cat that didn’t have two golden retrievers backing it up, but I guess once they get into it goodboy might not have been so keen to get involved.

Well you know rain…

“Here, hold my catnip.”

2 Likes