Dog dutifully listens to Michigan police officer to help rescue her owner who fell through ice (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/19/dog-dutifully-listens-to-michigan-police-officer-to-help-rescue-her-owner-who-fell-through-ice-video.html

12 Likes

Ow, freezing weather, no gloves and thin cord; pulling that guy out of the water mush have been painful :grimacing:
What a wonderful creature; well done, Ruby.

22 Likes

Who’s a very good girl? Ruby is!

Seriously, though, that is one spectacularly good doggo. :hugs:

29 Likes

Pups is good people.

19 Likes

Ruby deserves 100/10 on We Rate Dogs.

18 Likes

I’ve got a pup named Ruby and she’s a fine doggo. Shes named after Ruby the Intergalactic Gumshoe produced by ZBS. I believe just being named Ruby contributes to her fine Dogness, ZBS also made The Travels of Jack Flanders if your dogster might prefer a male sounding name.

Viva Ruby’s Wherever in the intergalactic world you are!

8 Likes

Get that good doggo a Puppers!

8 Likes

Great team effort!! Well done Ruby and the peace officer!!

5 Likes

Happy Good Boy GIF by ZIP ZIP

8 Likes

I love my dog, but if I were in that situation with my dog, I would be dead. Because Shadow would probably attack the rescuer. sigh

But good girl, Ruby! You’re amazing!

8 Likes

The rescue worker who knew to send the dog out with the line. He’s the real hero here.

4 Likes

Same. I’m pretty sure my dude, who is a very smart dog, is firmly in the ACAB camp. I’d be a goner. That said, I live further north in Michigan and I’m sure as fuck not going out on ice I’m not sure is safe. With the temps we’ve been having until very recently, no ice is safe as far as I’m concerned.

Ruby was so great, though. Such a good dog. I hope this experience doesn’t make her too trusting of cops.

7 Likes

Dogs are the best thing about this planet.

6 Likes

Well, they are certainly in the top 5. :+1:

8 Likes

Good Dog GIF by The Watering Can Flower Market

8 Likes

Ruby deserves so many of these healthy 8-inch treats

5 Likes

While I’m here, @euansmith , just how do capys manage to look so self-satisfied and smug?
What is it they know?

3 Likes

Sorry, if I told you, then you would not know nuurthing. :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

Keep your dashed secrets then, you giant-rodent-sympathist.
:slightly_smiling_face:
ETA: because couldn’t resist, even tho OT:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.