Dog not entirely sure how this magic thing works

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/26/dog-not-entirely-sure-how-this.html

7 Likes

Dobby the dachshund?

6 Likes

We have the same issue with our Dear One, she can’t help herself…

5 Likes

Door stopper solo!

10 Likes

Is that Colin?

3 Likes

When my kids were toddlers, they loved these things…

6 Likes

cute for 30 seconds? yes.
for hours? i’m guessing not on your life.

9 Likes

I had a cat, as a kid, who used one of those things as a doorbell. Yea, she didn’t sit there yapping her head off. Just spoink, spoink, let me in now!

7 Likes

Ha, yeah, that was my thought. Having a dog that does a whole bunch of “cute” things like this, it stops being so cute after half an hour. Or when it happens a certain number of times every day.

3 Likes

hmmm, i’d look out for that electrical outlet too.

2 Likes

We had a wiener dog when I was a kid. Super cute and friendly, but also hair-trigger excitable and less than stellar bladder control. If we so much as looked like we were walking toward the garage, she would bolt after us lest she miss a chance to go for a ride.

This might be a strange thing to say, but the main benefit to my way of thinking of the heaven I don’t believe in would be getting to be reunited with my four-legged family members. I get a full human lifetime with my bipedal family and I’m fine with my own finitude, but pets pass too soon. :cry:

15 Likes

Or at 2 am.

2 Likes

My cat uses those to protest getting locked into a room. If we do it on purpose (like when we were moving) we have to take the damn things off!

2 Likes

Doggo’s mind is clearly blown by the implications of the fact that the house has a tail and will wag it if played with.

Which, to be fair, is a notable result in social signalling by inanimate objects.

4 Likes

Frustrated badger hunter, poor thing. Bred to be relentless and fearless in going down badger burrows, and then probably overbred on top of that.

When pursuing badgers they’re really ferocious:

4 Likes

Dachshunds are ridiculous dogs! We always had big dogs till we happened upon Bart. He changed our lives and brought so much joy to our house. He loved everyone and everyone loved him. We will never be without a Dachshund going forward. They are crazy but even more endearing. Once you have one, I don’t think there’s any going back.

3 Likes

The year, 1971. I would sit and play with the one in our hallway for hours…

6 Likes

Yes, equal parts skillful determination and ferociousness in that video.

1 Like

Hilarious… the dog found himself quite entertained with the door stopper… I can see cats having a ball with it as well. There’s nothing like a great laugh, thanks for the post…

Nelson

THRUPP (vb.)

To hold a ruler on one end on a desk and make the other end go
bbddbbddbbrrbrrrrddrr.

– Douglas Adams, John Lloyd: The Meaning of Liff

5 Likes