Video: dogs astonished by magic trick

[Read the post]

That wasn’t funny, it was cruel, and now I’m sorry I watched it. Cheating a dog of a treat with sleight of hand is taking advantage of and laughting at another creature’s mental limitations. That’s wrong when the other creature is a mentally disabled person, and it’s just as wrong when it’s a dog.

2 Likes

Well thank goodness somebody came to say it’s not funny. You know what’s even not funnier? The old vanishing stick trick. Gets 'em every time!

10 Likes

So where did the treats actually go? Up the sleeve?

I’m not feeling much smarter than the dogs right now.

6 Likes

Really? Really? How do you feel about taunting kittens with string?

7 Likes

While that’s a bit extreme, I do hope the doggies got the treat in the end anyway…

2 Likes

I play tricks on my dogs all the time. And when the trick is over, they still get the treat and they wag their tails. That’s how I know they’re cool with it.

2 Likes

According to a comment on the youtube page, they did get the treat in the end. I’m ok with this now.

5 Likes

What’s curious to me is that the dog isn’t able to trace the scent of the hidden treat. Trompe l’nez magic?

6 Likes

Me either. woof.

1 Like

You should see his levitating wiener.

But how do they tell you the number they thought of?

4 Likes

If that was your best example, you haven’t really thought this through very well.

Functionally, how is it any different?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.