Dog submerged in long grass occasionally surfaces joyfully

One of my German teachers told the story that after WWII, the Germans told the Americans that what they needed was “corn”–meaning what the Americans would call “wheat”; the Americans gave them what Americans call “corn,” much to their disgust, and leaving them feeling that the Americans intended to put them down, as maize was at that time only used for animal feed in Germany.

3 Likes

This could have been my previous dog, also a field-bred Springer. When we moved from Yorkshire to Minnesota she continued the same trick, but in the snow instead of the tall grass.

She was certainly the brightest dog I’ve ever had, but she was true working stock (sire was a gamekeeper’s dog), so bred for it.

“Wormsign,” said Paul. “Ready the maker hooks.”

4 Likes

Know why corned beef is called… Well corned beef?

The large grains of salt used to cure it were called corns. So I fully expect to see a dog jumping in and out of a salt mine. Post haste!

1 Like

That looks like it belongs as one of Adult Swim’s bumpers. They’ve got the most delightfully hallucinatory channel bumpers. Also some really nice scenery-based ones as well.

Really BB? 25 replies, and NOBODY has posted this yet?

I am disappointed! GO TO YOUR ROOM!

6 Likes

If there’s one dog in the entire universe throughout time that I actively hate, it’s either that one, or this one:

Jumping up to get a visual bearing, maybe, but what a happy-looking individual. It reminds me of the late 60s, watching my dog’s disembodied tail wagging hither and yon on the surface of the wheat field across the road from our house.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.