Dog submerged in long grass occasionally surfaces joyfully

[Read the post]

Thatā€™s some funny-looking corn. #notallfields

4 Likes

Thatā€™s gonna be an awesome maze when sheā€™s done.

7 Likes

If thatā€™s corn, Iā€™ll eat that dog.

4 Likes

Looks like Barley to me.

Perhaps known as barley corn and hence corn in certain backwater parts of the planet where they use odd words (like maize) for the stuff that should be as high as an elephantā€™s eye.

3 Likes

Rob, please get thyself to a farm post haste.

Cyriak remix in 3,2,1ā€¦

1 Like

Sheā€™s jumping up to say ā€œHey, hey! This is some really funny corn! So light and fluffy!ā€

Corn just means ā€œwheat, hay, whateverā€ where Iā€™m from. Iā€™m amaized you colonials donā€™t know.

(the headlineā€™s updated)

4 Likes

That misconception is the cause of few, but those tragically preventable, mythological equestrian fatalities.

Every so often some hero will tame Areion and be all ā€˜cool, a horse that can run lightly atop standing cornā€™. Then SMACK, like hitting a brick wall. The translation calls it ā€˜cornā€™; but the lineage of Poseidon has no effect on new world food crops. Gets them every time.

4 Likes

Like many, I came to gripe ā€œthat ainā€™t cornā€. This both defused my gripe and may have taught me something, too. Itā€™s nice to know that this might truly be ā€œcornā€.

Like most things, this knowledge is a double-edged sword. I may now worry when ordering food in restaurants in foreign (but English-speaking) places:

ā€œI ordered corn!ā€

ā€œSir, that is corn.ā€

ā€œUgh.ā€

3 Likes

All I can think is ā€œTICKSā€

Also if I wasnā€™t in a hurry Iā€™d post a GIF of that scene from Jurassic park 3 of the raptors hunting in that field

3 Likes

I believe thatā€™s Jurassic Park 2 (watched it last week).

Yes, Iā€™m a pedant. :grinning:

Corn is the grain you grow:

3 Likes

Or a very baffling crop circle.

2 Likes

Once I was fearless.
Now I dream of velociraptors.

FWIW, my rather pedantic friend from across the pond, once a POM and now a 'Merican, took the time to explain to me that hay was most definitely not straw and vice versa. Vernacular is a wonderfully diverse thing.

1 Like

Landshark!

3 Likes

Several friends of mine have had Springer Spaniels (which is what that dog looks like.) Very bouncy, not very bright. Looks like this is something theyā€™re actually good at!

2 Likes