DoJ forced Google to turn over Jacob Appelbaum's email, then gagged Google

Snippetied for brevity…but basically 'it depends on what one means by ‘successful revolution’

There was a whole sentence there, with context. Not just a word.

Revolution happens. Arguably was not successful. It’s perfectly reasonable for somebody to make that statement in a sentence.

It’s not like anybody here actually thought no revolutions ever happened, and using entire sentences in context is a key component of proper communication among most humans.

That was a lot of wasted effort and discussion dedicated to arguing over a single term

(Edited to add full context in a single post as it was an unnecessarily long conversation and some more…ahem…volatile posts have been removed that may contain some context)

The real Bender would know that it’s “jerkwads”

I’d say a successful revolution is the one whose anniversary becomes a public holiday.

But I still like your perspective more.

1 Like

It’s my understanding that anyone who attempts to disseminate information is a member of the press.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s the legal standard but then I don’t know what the legal standard is.

I disseminate a lot of information as part of my job. I write security advisories. I’m not the press though.

Legal standard? No thank you. Such a standard would be a foolish thing to establish. What right does the government have to decide who does and does not get the protections described by the first amendment?

The Free Press Clause protects the right of individuals to express themselves through publication and dissemination of information, ideas and opinions without interference, constraint or prosecution by the government (1) (2)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.