Don Lemon shames Marjorie Taylor Greene, Ted Cruz and others for their gun rhetoric "while Americans are dying"

On watching this video again I recognize that there is quite a few stereotypes used around Australians as a group of people and indeed very racist representations of ‘aboriginal’ culture. The representation of indigenous culture as the ‘noble savage’ in the third segment is way more obnoxious than the beer swilling, beach dwelling ‘white’ Australian stereotype.

I think the clip still stands with regard to gun violence and governmental control.

7 Likes
1 Like

I had one state that it was their “God given right” to own a gun and to stop with all this. I replied that there is no religion mentioned in the Constitution. The writers did not want God or any other religion to be involved with running the country.

3 Likes

For me, Las Vegas was the “if this doesn’t result in change, nothing will” event. One guy, strategically positioned, firing into a crowd with legally acquired hardware killed 60 and wounded over 400 in the span of 10 minutes. An additional 450 people had non-bullet related injuries so the total killed or injured was over 900. He fired over 1,000 rounds from a dozen AR-style rifles equipped with 100 round magazines and bump stocks. It’s crazy, utterly and completely crazy, that this level of firepower is available for purchase by anyone who hasn’t already been identified as someone who shouldn’t own a firearm.

5 Likes

John Oliver is incomparable at this sort of sting report. It’s that innocent, specky schoolboy look.I never thoght I’d ever see him walking voluntarily into the sea, though.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.