Donald Rumsfeld dead

…so far. Like Reagan, the full impact of the former president’s stupidity will be decades in revealing themselves.

17 Likes

People often forget that the GWB Administration was Rumsfeld’s second time serving as Secretary of Defense; he also held that position under President Ford.

Clearly the prior experience didn’t do much to improve his judgment.

26 Likes

First a trial. Let them do a perp walk before they die.

13 Likes

Maybe he’ll finally find out what the unknown unknowns are.

19 Likes

Not just dead. He’s dead-dead!

DeadDead

16 Likes

To paraphrase the man himself:

You go to your grave with the legacy you have, not the legacy you wish you had.

18 Likes

Or is that violating a BB policy?

8 Likes

I don’t know. How many US Covid deaths can we lay at the feet of Trump’s incompetence? Rumsfeld/Cheney are still responsible for more deaths worldwide, but I don’t know if it’s A LOT more. Depends on the definition of “a lot” and on the accounting used, I guess.

16 Likes

Take the pushup challenge!

5 Likes

FINALLY. These hateful, destructive old white men always seem to live an eternity. More, please.

15 Likes
32 Likes

I’ve been offering my prayers on the subject for some time now.

16 Likes

Not a good time to be named Donald.

10 Likes

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

8 Likes

The Dead

As we know,
There is dead dead
These are things we know are dead
We also know
There is also not dead
That is to say
We know that there are some things
That are not quite dead
But that we hope become dead dead
The hoped-for dead
The should-be dead

15 Likes

I like Samuel L Jackon’s deliver of some of those lines:

9 Likes

It’s been said before that Trump was just a symptom of what ails America, not the cause. He’s like a giant boil caused by some larger infection in the body. If Hillary or Bernie or any Democrat was in office the same people who resisted wearing masks and screamed about “their right to go to the nail salon” would have done the same thing, in fact they probably would have screamed louder about their rights and the government and “freedom” because a Democrat was in office. I do think the numbers would have been lower if a Democrat (or even a competent old school Republican) was in the White House, but it’s hard to say how much lower.

12 Likes

The only nice thing i can say about him is that he died.

15 Likes

It’s telling that he left out the “unknown knowns”, which Slavoj Zizek helpfully described later as that which one willfully pretends not to know.

If Rumsfeld thinks that the main dangers in the confrontation with Iraq were the ‘unknown unknowns’, that is, the threats from Saddam whose nature we cannot even suspect, then the Abu Ghraib scandal shows that the main dangers lie in the “unknown knowns”—the disavowed beliefs, suppositions and obscene practices we pretend not to know about, even though they form the background of our public values."

Being a veteran of toxic GOP administrations since Nixon, the weird old war criminal knew very well that the “unknown knowns” for the basis of all Republican success in this country, thus making the very concept an unknown known itself for Rumsfeld.

22 Likes
18 Likes