Donald Trump does politics like US TV, which is why he's so popular

I’d really like to pretend that isn’t true.

1 Like

Facebook feeds aren’t “reading” and you know that’s a disingenuous argument.

1 Like

Trump has no idea what he’s doing, and the people find it endearing. We’re screwed.

When you get your news from the internet the quality of the journalism will depend on what sources you go to. You can find plenty of credible in-depth investigative journalism if you actually seek it out, and it’s relatively easy for diligent news readers to check the sources. (And no, Facebook doesn’t count as a news source.)

But when you depend on TV news the constraints of the format mean you’ll almost never get in-depth coverage. With a handful of exceptions (like Frontline documentaries) the medium simply doesn’t lend itself well to long form journalism that provides insight and context. Even the best TV anchor isn’t going to be able to adequately cover a complex topic when he’s only got 90 seconds until the next commercial break.

3 Likes

Except that Sanders I think polls better with conservatives & indepenents than Clinton.

1 Like
1 Like

The UK has 1984 to use as misbegotten guide to running the country.

Unfortunately, the US has Idiocracy.

3 Likes

OK. I’m talking about my perceptions of other people’s perceptions, not about my personal opinions.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.