Donald Trump tells GOP to shut down government to stop his criminal trials

Originally published at: Donald Trump tells GOP to shut down government to stop his criminal trials | Boing Boing

5 Likes

This is like a kid pulling the fire alarm at school to get out of taking a test. Bro, you’re still going to have to face the music sooner or later.

29 Likes

I’d say he’s getting desperate, but Trump just likes to lash out when “attacked” and it really doesn’t matter to him who he’s lashing out at. He might not have any real belief that this will slow or stop his prosecutions, he just wants to break some shit.

16 Likes

McCarthy is just one of many Republicans weak and stupid enough to consider this demand.

14 Likes

Does he actually believe anything that he ever says? If he does, why is there no one near him with the balls to talk him down from this bullshit spewing?

12 Likes

12 Likes

Not your daddy’s Pacer…

In the event of a shutdown, the U.S. court system will remain fully funded for up to three weeks. And even after that, the judicial branch of the federal government can tap into “carryover” funds from previous years and fees like the ones charged by Pacer, the online court documents database that costs the public 10 cents a page for downloads.

Yes, the PACER system that offers 2020s access to a 1990s-level database of caselaw for the low, low price of gouging litigants! As the costs of hosting a website have plummeted, the federal courts kept charging per page fees to access public court documents as if you’d rushed to the Kinko’s to run off copies of your personal Zine to hand out at the Toad the Wet Sprocket show.

Copies to the rescue!

18 Likes

I don’t think that he is stupid enough to think that it would work, but he IS stupid enough to think that this will somehow appease the Trumpers. It won’t.

14 Likes

All of the above.

18 Likes
12 Likes

Anyone who would do that gets canned instantly. He does not tolerate anyone thinking independently.

9 Likes

… there is nobody anywhere near Trump who is not being paid to be there and lick his boots :mans_shoe:

11 Likes

I dunno, from what I’ve heard he’s notorious for failing to pay all his bootlicking bills…

7 Likes

Ah, that’s better innit.

6 Likes

I know that this is just Trump Diarrhoea, but really; shutting down the government won’t affect the business of the courts. That’s kind of the total point of the Separation of Powers.

stupid-burns

11 Likes

Well, not for at least a couple of weeks anyway. If the shutdown went on longer than that it theoretically could cause delays for the Federal trials, but even then he’d still have to deal with the state charges in Georgia.

7 Likes

Headline on CNN at this very moment: Schumer in talks with McConnell as shutdown fears grow. The House is failing to put together a budget package because the R majority can’t agree on anything.

5 Likes

Because fucking dumb asses.

4 Likes

If it is all shut down we can crowdfund the continuation of the prosecutions by buying some legal docs,

Ain’t capitalism grand!?

2 Likes

But I guess this is a change without a difference, so yeah, proceed.

2 Likes