Donald Trump's "spiritual leader" admits to molesting 12-year-old child, but keeps his job as senior pastor

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/17/donald-trumps-spiritual-leader-admits-to-molesting-12-year-old-child-but-keeps-his-job-as-senior-pastor.html

14 Likes

Also:

36 Likes

I seriously doubt there is only one victim.

37 Likes

More proof that the main reason right-wingers are obsessed with pedophiles is because they know how many are within their ranks. Because they keep covering them up.

27 Likes

16 Likes

Related in today’s news:

24 Likes

One of Donald Trump’s “spiritual advisors” admits to molesting a 12-year-old girl.

Seems ligit’.

12 Likes

Another way it’s clear why white evangelicals have embraced Trump despite his obvious moral failings - despite decades of public rhetoric about “morality,” they fundamentally are actually fine with those moral failings, and much worse.

14 Likes

For Trump, “inappropriate sexual behavior” is a feature.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure for most that I’ve encountered their projections about gay people and groomers is because pedo and rape culture is the only way they have to relate to children and sometimes even adult females either. At all. I’ve met plenty of women who have never imagined another way to live and sometimes they literally can’t anymore to such an extent they victimize others eventually and justify it freely. Trauma casualties.

If your whole identity is actually formed around having as much personal control over the sexuality of young adults around you as possible at all times to such an extent that you feel you need to personally be involved in the sexuality of every human child within 10 miles of yourself… that’s actually a cause for concern about you.

Way too many people who think this way in positions of power though because, I guess, why admit you sacrifice children to a rape cult for proximity to grace if you don’t have to?

20 Likes

In a sane world, the phrase, “and was immediately arrested” would appear somewhere in this story. But no.

21 Likes

evil-600x344

13 Likes

Having been raised in a right-wing faith where my tiny local congregation was harbouring two known pedophiles, in leadership positions, no less…

Can confirm…

But then again, until humanity comes to grips with the raison-d’etre of state-wide monotheistic religions and their role in social control, which means finding a reliably implemented alternative (←open problem), the abuse of power isn’t likely going away. Christianity is a faith for the ruled, not for the rulers; the rulers get a free pass.

Yes… I’m having a grumpy day.

13 Likes

Not a problem unique to Christianity, or monotheism, or religion in general. Child sexual abuse turned out to be at least as horrific in places like the Soviet Union.

Predators will always seek out ways to exploit the power imbalances in any social structure.

23 Likes

He’s probably against sex education because it makes his would-be victims more aware of what he’s up to.

14 Likes

Form the @beschizza post that had its comments closed:

Robert Morris’s attorney responded by implying that they believed it was her fault because she was “flirtatious.”

Goddamnit!! What the e fuck is wrong with these people?!

She was twelve. Full stop. It doesn’t matter what her behavior was. She was a child, he (at 20) an adult. It is the adult’s responsibility to behave appropriately no matter the child’s behavior.

I am so damn sick of these people giving me endless case studies for my child protection and preventing sexual abuse and exploitation trainings.

18 Likes

Women and girls never get to be children, at least not past puberty. The sexualization/idealization of young (and very young) women is an ongoing theme in a lot of male-dominated spaces. If you buy into the bubblegum theory of femininity, the younger the more desirable. The fact that this is gross, misogynistic and immoral does not enter the thought at all. :face_vomiting:

Angry Computer GIF

(As a father of daughters, this shit has gotten me into more than one verbal altercation that has left the other man very confused…)

17 Likes

For dudes who go on about the injustices suffered by their main man JC 2000 years ago, Xtianists are very quick to victim-blame mere mortals living in the present.

16 Likes

“look out! she knows what she wants”

Nah gramma you’re just slut shaming a 3yo for wanting a hug.

9 Likes

He was either forced out or resigned:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article289372672.html

For now anyway. There is a terrible pattern with these predators in christian churches where they confess and get forgiven and everyone is supposed to forget what they did.

12 Likes