MAGA disciples chant obscenity in child-filled church to defend corrupt Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/07/maga-disciples-chant-obscenity-in-child-filled-church-to-defend-corrupt-trump.html

11 Likes

i am tired of MAGAts and their groomer BULLSHIT!

22 Likes

How the f&%k are they getting away with hosting a PAC conference in a church? Is the IRS ever going to do anything about this?

Yeah, yeah, I know the answer…

28 Likes

His entire audience yelling “Bullshit” you say?
ABOUT DAMN TIME!

15 Likes

More like a Fascist Theocracy, since it remains to be seen which sect of that cult will win out; the Catholics & Southern Baptists will only be able to cooperate until their differences get in the way.

That’s when the real bloodshed begins.

We ignore these yahoos at our peril.

10 Likes

Isn’t that what jesus said on the cross: “This is freaking bullshit, man!” That’s what people are saying …

13 Likes

Ah, more of those Christian family values these crude thugs drone on about.

15 Likes

As someone who got spanked and rarely cussed in front of adults, and my parents didn’t swear that much (in my presence) - I would have been SHOCKED and so confused if adults started chanting “bullshit” IN CHURCH!

9 Likes

There’s not really anything to new or deep to say about Trump/MAGA now. We’ve seen all this before.

And we’re fucked even if Biden keeps his job come November. They aren’t going to just go away, they’ll most likely get more violent.

It’s like being chained at the ankle to a violent raving lunatic.

8 Likes

and here i am thinking the real obscenity is that that church doesn’t pay taxes

12 Likes

Not only that, they are stealing general education funds.

8 Likes

Who’s surprised here? They’re deplorables.

4 Likes

… only half of them :wink:

3 Likes

But the trick is knowing which half

3 Likes

Top half with the malfunctioning brain.

1 Like

The degree of fuckedness is gonna depend on who wins the majorities in the House & Senate; I hope for major blowout wins by the Democrats, given that those multiple felony covictions of Lord Dampnut might give fence-sitters pause.

I think that’s true no matter who wins; it may well be worse if Lord Dampnut wins, because they will think they will get a pardon, no matter what.

The worst part is, that screaming zombie might have once been a relative, neighbor, or friend; and they think all others are the zombies.

It’s zombies all the way down.

7 Likes

Those poor kids. Rodgers & Hammerstein had some thoughts about that.

4 Likes

On several occasions, men approached my wife when I was out of town, challenging her to defend my writing and sometimes quoting a far-right pastor named Douglas Wilson. Wilson is a notorious Christian nationalist and slavery apologist who once wrote that abolitionists were “driven by a zealous hatred of the word of Godand that “slavery produced in the South a genuine affection between the races that we believe we can say has never existed in any nation before the war or since.”

We also began to see the denomination itself with new eyes. To my shame, the racism and extremism within the denomination was invisible to us before our own ordeal. But there is a faction of explicitly authoritarian Christian nationalists in the church, and some of that Christian nationalism has disturbing racial elements underpinning it.

A member of the denomination wrote “The Case for Christian Nationalism,” one of the most popular Christian nationalist books of the Trump era. It argues that “no nation (properly conceived) is composed of two or more ethnicities” and that “to exclude an out-group is to recognize a universal good for man.”

that “popular Christian nationalist book” might be worth anatomizing.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.