Televised stunt reveals MAGA's cult-like defense of fake depraved Trump recordings

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/25/televised-stunt-reveals-magas-cult-like-defense-of-fake-depraved-trump-recordings.html

10 Likes

19 Likes

Dumbest cult on Earth.

11 Likes

21 Likes

For those interested, the full video is on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsKbHXWxNeY

6 Likes

MAGAts want to get away with acting like a raging arsehole in public and on a grand scale. Biff has always been an aspirational figure in that regard.

13 Likes

Note the incidental racism that the creators threw in, tapping into stereotypes about ethnic groups being good at certain things.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. I think context is important. First, this was in 2016. Second, you can tell from the segment where they had the fake Clinton audio, that they specifically asked these people how they would spin it to make it sound like the audio wasn’t as bad as it was. And the Clinton people acted the same way the Trump people did. This says more about the setup for the gag. I mean, this was Triumph the insult comic dog, for God’s sake. This isn’t serious journalism. This was a bit.

9 Likes

That exercise is complete genius. How did the marks respond when they were told they had been had?

2 Likes

To be fair here, it’s not like this is really any different from what Trump did/bragged about doing, when he hosted Teen Miss Whatever so he could walk in on the contestants changing. When that’s the baseline for expected Trump behavior, attributing statements like this to him isn’t remotely going to shock anyone.

6 Likes

This experiment should go full nazi. Make a fake recording of The Fanta Menace saying sh!t like, “At my next rally I’m going to tell the crowd to start murdering one or two liberals they know. And do it secretly… Every liberal they murder is one less vote for Crooked Biden. And if they get caught, I’ll pardon everyone of them on January 20th.”

Then see what his supporters say.

Y’know… just as an experiment.

5 Likes

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

6 Likes

One could argue that Triumph’s journalistic integrity stands far above what passes for reportage these days.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.