MAGA folk still under Trump spell as they praise the "honest" and "godly" grifter (video)

Originally published at: MAGA folk still under Trump spell as they praise the "honest" and "godly" grifter (video) | Boing Boing

7 Likes

drool GIF by Scorpion Dagger

14 Likes

I guess if you’re going to lie to yourself you may as well go big or go home.

14 Likes

Face Palm No GIF

20 Likes

Those are definitely the knowledgeable and thoughtful type of folks that I look to for solid, in-depth political advice.

10 Likes

cite

25 Likes
9 Likes

Kim Kardashian Eww GIF by Saturday Night Live

14 Likes

We’re doomed.

Because you saw a video of a few people being ignorant assholes?

They haven’t won yet, and they aren’t destined to win. The story isn’t over yet, so don’t give up and assume they won. They haven’t.

20 Likes

We regularly have users sliding in here to insist that we BB liberals and progressives make more of an effort to be understanding toward MAGAts, to engage them with reason and “non-violent communication” and “non-dualism”. These users (usually Libertarians or right-wingers pretending to be “moderate centrists”) should be forced to watch this video every time they chide us for being “uncivil” and “intolerant” when we mock these clownish voters as write-offs.

23 Likes

Speak only for yourself.

10 Likes

Not yet.
Don’t forget to vote.

11 Likes

Obligs:

8 Likes

We’re all doomed, yes, as the price of birth. Think then about what you want to leave for those who come after. History tells you it changes with effort and care; it doesn’t have to be more of this.

18 Likes

Who knew that Red Foxx was still alive?

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

6 Likes

Completely agreed!

Our best and brightest are often optimistic and less doom and gloom minded; eager for the future. Also I find there are many people that are super fearful/pessimistic.

The trouble is both parties are very confident about being “right” thus one of the two mindsets must be wrong?

I suspect it’s a self fulfilling prophecy, meaning, if you look to the future with hope and love them you will likely be proven correct. However, if you live with despair and dread the future assumed is often proven correct also.

This is why I cleave to the idea that laughter IS the best medicine and why love prevails over hate in the end.

If one decides to be doomed then ones wish will often come true.

I’m having a very hard time trying to figure out how anyone, even the most dense people, could imagine Trump to be “honest” or “godly”.

This is a man who lies so often and freely that the old joke about “his lips are moving” is actually accurate, and who not just represents all the seven mortal sins, but constantly boasts about his iniquity, and can’t even pretend to be a Christian. (“I dont like to have to ask for forgiveness.”)

7 Likes

tumblr_pfzl7bPiNT1u3yobi_540

5 Likes