Don't give a dime to the DCCC, they'll just use to front DINOs and smear Justice Democrats

Both the DCCC and Emily’s List decided to endorse someone else in the primary, so Moser participated in an interview with The Intercept throwing shade on both orgs, as well as the first-time candidate they endorsed. So, the DCCC released the same oppo file that anybody with Google was going to find; pointing out that Republicans were going to obviously portray Moser as a carpetbagger without a whole lot of love for areas a couple hours outside of Houston. Cue the rending of clothes and gnashing of teeth from the self-styled outsiders who were previously ensconced in the Obama political dynasty.

3 Likes

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. For those of us that wondered.

2 Likes

If it is true that
and
then the more progressive candidates should have no problem winning these midterm primaries, regardless of DNCC endorsements.

So many potential band names, I don’t even know where to start…

Ok, I’ve got dibs on “Fluffy Bunny Bund”.

2 Likes

If they’re given a fair shot.

9 Likes

You are confusing presidential primaries with congressional primaries. And whatever happened with the presidential primaries in 2016, whether “rigged” is an appropriate term is a matter of debate, which for the love of god let’s not have again here.

The biggest problems the left have with congressional primaries are (a) turnout and (b) the fact that the leftmost candidates are often unknown quantities, and often quite young. If turnout is strongly biased towards older voters, that is going to favor older candidates with more name recognition. Rather than tweeting outrage at centrists, some of the people you quote should be putting their energy into a loud #getthefucktothepolls campaign.

What they DID do and gloat about on their Twitter pages to Laura Moser is already enough for me to hang up on them every time.

1 Like

What struck me, more than the dizzying array of potential band names, was the projection inherent in the withering scorn directed at those who fail to participate in the ‘grown-up’ fantasy of somehow being able to continue the obviously doomed business as usual.

13 Likes

Yes, truly, thinking that one of the richest and most powerful countries in the world can achieve common sense fixes to problems that the rest of the civilized world solved decades ago is the height of fantasy.

10 Likes

https://thebaffler.com/your-sorry-ass/american-mirage

2 Likes

Nothing to do with it other than her firm taking the case? Nice company she keeps! If only there were other law “firms” (aka partnerships)

Blockquote

My legal career began in 2006 at Vinson & Elkins, an international law firm founded in Houston more than 100 years ago. A few years later, I joined Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing (AZA), a 50-person firm based in Houston that focuses on high-stakes business litigation. I became the firm’s first woman partner in 2015.

Blockquote

If its ok with you, I will file this under “No direct participation in screwing labor, but will profit from it under protest”.

But I guess I can be filed under “Progressive”.

1 Like

It doesnt have to be identity politics all the time. Sometimes we vote for the candidate who best defends our interests, or represents our views. I’m heartily sick of the idea that people only vote for people who look like them. If the statistical effect even exists it might well be statistically trivial compared to pretty much any other factor.

2 Likes

I’m partial to “Baby Duckies All-In-A-Row” the use of hypens is very elegant and would look great on band merch.

That being said my gripe with the DCCC is the constant email barrages. I have received multiples on some days.

2 Likes

Not a question of identity politics. Older voters (I’m one) know a lot of local politicians, and in local elections tend to vote based on confidence in the person, and don’t vote for people that they don’t know or are untested. I’m not advocating anything, just pointing out reality, but nice job of leaving out a critical part of my post and thereby changing my point.

1 Like

Which bit did I leave out that changed your point?

And just to repeat my point. I vote on platform. There are plenty of people as old as me that I would rather see hanged for treason than vote for. A lot of them have good name recognition with me which is how I know I dont want to vote for them. I am not changing your argument - I am rejecting it.

2 Likes

“that means that the DCCC calls me about once a week to ask for money.“

You never give these people a working phone number- they’re worse than bill collectors. Give them a sideline number on your phone that’s turned off. In compliance with requirements- not gonna bother you.

A what now?

3 Likes

A 2nd - or third # on your phone.

Lots of apps out there. Google voice- sideline

https://www.sideline.com/phone-number-app/

2 Likes
8 Likes

What I am seeing here is that the DCCC is not concerned with ideological purity, as the only thing that really matters is getting more Democrats elected. It’s a cold calculation, but it is their stated goal to get more elected with a D behind their name, especially in these times of hard partisan divides. Even the most conservative Dem would not dare to buck the party too hard. But I don’t see evidence of them financially supporting one Dem over another.

I personally would hold off on supporting the DCCC until the primaries are over, and even then only give them money when you have hit the max on donating to your favourite candidate. Giving to the DCCC should be about entrusting them to support winnable but underfunded candidacies.

1 Like