DOOM: Twitter's panic-driven rate-limiting gets them dropped out of Google Search

Originally published at: DOOM: Twitter's panic-driven rate-limiting gets them dropped out of Google Search | Boing Boing

7 Likes

owww. Comment from that link, and it has the ring of truth (pun kinda intended)

Lol truth social gonna last longer then musks twitter.

10 Likes

Okay, I admit it, this is pretty much me every time I hear Twitter news lately:

31 Likes
23 Likes

This level of chess has too many dimensions, I can’t keep up. :neutral_face:

17 Likes

You can’t count above -1? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

I think if you took the square root of -1, you’d have about the level of strategy and forethought that go into any of Lone Skum’s recent ventures. He’s a living reminder that meritocracy is a farce.

15 Likes

Image: Meme of smirking girl in front of house fire; replace smirking girl with Elon Musk, but he’s looking very confused.

15 Likes

Always has been :sweat_smile:

For those who aren’t familiar, the 1958 British novel that introduced the term “Meritocracy” presented it as a farcical concept foisted on the public to justify a demonstrably non-merit based system. Which (checks notes) is how it’s used in practice today. SMH

see also “pull yourself up by your own bootstraps” The phrase that was originally coined as a pejorative to illustrate the impossible absurdity of the right-wing economic policies of the time.

Anyhow. Welcome to Walmart, I love you.

29 Likes

The irony is delicious.

jameson_laugh

13 Likes

Sooooo… essentially AOL?!

/need a Photoshop of a pile of CD-ROMs with Twitter logo on them.

13 Likes

I see what you did there :eyes:

5 Likes

Thought he was Tony Stark - turns out to be George Costanza.

15 Likes

My new prediction is that Musk will sell what’s left of Twitter to Yahoo for $3 billion within four years.

11 Likes

“… I knew Howard Hughes. Howard Hughes was a friend of mine. Mr. Musk, you’re no Howard Hughes.”

4 Likes

I made this the day of the stunt, and it becomes more appropriate every damn day.

29 Likes

[

[ Fisticuffs enthusiast]and noted “Pedo Guy,” Elon Musk announced…

If only WaPo and their ilk would describe Musk like this in their articles.

10 Likes

Even the concept of battling “data pillagers” I find farcical. Like I get that people web crawling training language models are annoying from a bandwidth usage point of view l and also a potential source of income Twitter would like to exploit. But the “data” they are “pillaging” is user generated content, it’s not even owned by Twitter. Like most social media sites, posted content is copyrighted by the original creator and Twitter has a license to use and distribute it.

8 Likes

Is google’s algorithm so fast to pick something like that?
I don’t want it to sound like a conspiracy theory, but that looks like retaliation because of the contract expiration/non-payment or google removing a vip status to rank twitter results.

6 Likes

ok

10 Likes