Door Game Meta Topic

Badass Space Felons! The Dragon, of course, being the name of the lockup (and/or its chief warden).

LOVE IT!

We begin today.

4 Likes

I am at work, working (cough) on maps of Sri Lanka that I scanned a couple weeks ago, which I forgot to mention is also what just inspired that idea - using maps in the game to plan the escape routes and so on (or, doing what Steve McQueen does in the film, escaping to recoinoiter and purposefully getting caught to bring the information back inside). But it also makes me think of The Bridge on the River Kwai, filmed in Sri Lanka… Badass Bridge Builders of the River Kwai?

3 Likes

gender equity environment

Especially important if you need enough hours to keep your Gender Equity card.

Charybdis is like Starship Troopers, everything including showers and prisons are gender-neutral.

(I do take the point :wink: )

2 Likes

ALSO LOVE IT. So many good ways to layer the mechanics - perhaps three factions: prisoners, informants, and guards. Prisoners have multiple routes of escape to progress toward, greater involvement on a single task can be easier to detect, detection by guards resets all progress made, +1 GRIT if you can eat 50 eggs, the works. Informants are prisoners for all intents and purposes, but missions that they join are hampered instead of improved by their presence (which won’t be immediately obvious in the results). Guards can observe the yard, walk patrols, restrict rations, etc. each of which makes certain things more difficult for prisoners while opening up opportunities elsewhere…

Gotta say, this idea has some legs. Plus a great opportunity for a GM to binge watch prison break movies.

1 Like

Jeez, I barely had the time to play BSD2! I can’t imagine how much it would take to actually run the game.

4 Likes

I’m very keen to run one, but it’s not happening soon. Work, travel, and family obligations through to Sept don’t give me enough reliable stretch to host without interrupting the flow.

So if someone wants to run a summer game, step up.

3 Likes

We may say you’re a dreamer, but you’re not the only one.

5 Likes

My headmeats have been gnawing on a few ideas, and finally whittled them down to a single one. If anyone else has something in the works (any progress on the great escape concept @penguinchris ?) , raise a pseudopod now and I’ll put it on the back burner to simmer. Otherwise I’m going to run a game early in 2017.

2 Likes

God, he hopes so. At least the bathroom renovations are done.

2 Likes

Well, I did watch the movie again if that counts as progress (with someone who hadn’t seen it!)

2 Likes

Don’t feel too bad… I was playing but I think my character got nuked from orbit because I forgot to respond.

3 Likes

Well, the Door Game sure is Meta all right. I wish I weren’t finding myself so low on Narrativium. I’m failing hard.

Well, lemme see what I can do.

1 Like

I sssssugesssst sssssome cloaca jokessssss.

3 Likes

Hold my foreclaw, nessst-brother, and mayhap we can make sssomething of thisss.

2 Likes

Try some Apple Cider or Four Thieves Vineagar:

2 Likes

What did the bad joke telling bear in a bowler hat say?

1 Like

Soon, old friend. Soon.

3 Likes

Ssssssssssssssshit howdy!!!

A job fair.

Well, cuddle my cloaca.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1120 days. New replies are no longer allowed.