Door Game Meta Topic

We walk the chains like pirates used to walk the rigging, and meet up on the topside of the Marion as our town hall.

I mean, where do you think I dry my washed underpants, “the whites”? Well on the chain behind me, of course.

1 Like

round form entry for round 3 is easily 1.5 to 2 iterations better than the round 2 form. thanks data-crunchers @JonasEggeater and @penguinchris. much easier and better to use.

4 Likes

I more or less agree. The form is much less confusing than last time. I even made an edit to mine. You guys have made a ton of progress.

The only suggestion I would proffer, the Round 2 upgrades and form allowed users to buy multiple small upgrades. The Round 3 options are large single upgrades. The Round 2 method allows more customization. Each user can decide how they want to customize their rig.

I recognize that for the GMs the Round 2 method is a bit more difficult. More purchases means more complicated calculations. I just thought I would mention my opinion that as far as it is possible, greater customization is more desirable to less customization.

1 Like

good point, i didn’t encounter that, as I didn’t have sufficient LP to spend to see that constraint.

Keep in mind, I gave you back the LP you kept trying to give me. Upgrade that rig Burton!

1 Like

ya. filled out the forms, double and in pm-triplicate.

Thanks.

Hmm, did someone edit a little too much in the Round 3 user name title?

1 Like

haha

The first link I clicked went to a power-user form and wouldn’t let me submit. so I found another link and it worked.

sorries!

1 Like

Prolly my fault. I initially posted an /edit link instead of a /viewform one. I thought I fixed the link pretty quickly, but not (apparently) quickly enough!

Fixed the form!

2 Likes

Possibly, there were some improvements that went out to oneboxing that resulted in some temporary embed regressions.

1 Like

replying also to @drman321

I made the form the first time, and Jonas did it this time though I think he took the one I made and made edits to it instead of starting from scratch. He clearly made a lot of improvements and fixed a lot of the problems with what I came up with.

But, Mister44 prompted me to think of a better way to select upgrades (a way that allows you to select multiple identical upgrades, but is also simple unlike the first time, which I am still kicking myself for because it was so weird) and I forgot to pass it on to Jonas (I was busy in the real world while he and Donald were polishing things up in preparation for round 3).

No doubt there will be even more changes next time, and any further suggestions any of you have are greatly appreciated.

But seriously guys, (like @daneel and @funruly) my goal is always intellectual honesty. If I paint myself into a corner (or you guys paint me there, innocently enough, through your enthusiastically-welcome embroideries in the plot), then I will deal with it honestly. The Ark gets to Edwards, it is true. The Kid gets to Mars. Everything else is wide, wide open, only subject to following more-or-less logically from what came before as laid down by all of us.

Inconsistencies (and flat-out contradictions), if when they arise, will be 100% the result of a memory lapse on my part, not a willful disregard for reality as we’ve forged it in the Wasteland. Please, please, please call me out on it if you see it coming, so I may fix it… one way or another.

1 Like

Don’t worry too much about that. I think we’re all having a blast.

Besides, if you decide to take it to an extreme unreliable narrators can be great fun. They’re pretty common in interactive fiction, but you can also see examples of them in more modern games like http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/TheStanleyParable

1 Like

IMHO: role playing isn’t about a GM telling me a story, its about a group of people sitting around and telling a communal story, its a group consciousness.

Since humanity began tribes of people sat around a fire and told story’s, its a natural part of being a human being… And its AWESOME!

I count myself lucky to have found this opportunity to go back in time to my past and get to experience role-playing again, and I thank everyone here who has helped make this experience possible!

2 Likes

I agree completely. That said, I’m supposed to be remembering everything and not contradicting anything (it’s kinda my job as GM), so if my group memory here would be so kind as to remind me What Our Reality Has Become when I accidentally contradict something, that’d be great.

'Cause it’s also my job to remind you guys when you forget. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey folks!

Okay, so despite being back my neurons are all pretty heavily allocated and I’m totally failing to catch up!

That being said, if the boss is okay with it we can have Morton tag along with whoever makes the most entertaining offer. He comes with octoweasels.

As a consolation, everybody’s invited to help with the project I’m on, since it’s basically about living better by gaming your environment and we could use some creative help!

2 Likes

The fact that only one of each upgrade could be selected was a massive oversight on my part. We’ll make sure that the next form takes that into consideration.

This doesn’t quite fit the theme, but I always loved the opening to The Hidden -

@SteampunkBanana and his AC/DC kicked my crackling memory circuits into action!

The opening? Wasn’t that the whole movie right there? Dunno about you, but I got my $3.50 worth already. Even finished my popcorn!

1 Like

I suppose so!