Door Game Meta Topic

Hardy har har.

5 Likes

Itā€™s yarr de yarr yarr.

3 Likes

Hate to bang on about this, but the game spreadsheet still seems to have Mission 5 numbers on it.

I know the LP and HP numbers are wrong, but I know what I have there. The other numbers, Iā€™m forgetting what they should beā€¦(I know I wrote them in my mission submission, but that was a while ago and I canā€™t pull that back up anyway)

Any chance itā€™ll reflect our upgrades for Missions 6 and 7 before we go on said mission?
(were the upgrades for Mission 6 actually used in the calculations of the results? Is there another spreadsheet somewhere?)

Weā€™ll get that fixed as soon as we can, certainly before anything else is calculated.

2 Likes

I have some FP / AR numbers in my notes from mission 3 last round:

Bertie Gomez - FP = 82 +20 vs vampires, AR = 112

Mike ā€œNervousā€ Snelvuur - FP = 85 + 10 vs vampires, AR = 57

Maj. Joseph Talleyrand-LaRoche - FP = 62 + 10 vs vampires, AR = 45

Bubba Zanetti - FP = 77 + 10 vs vampires, AR = 59

Bill the BUM - FP = 82 + 20 vs vampires, AR = 117

Hopefully this info will make the round audit a little easier.

1 Like

Upgrades for the last round of missions were in fact included in the calculations. I have those numbers (is there another spreadsheet? try several dozen moreā€¦). I have refrained from just going in and making those adjustments in the player-visible sheet in case thereā€™s something else I missed (which is very possible) but I think Iā€™ll go ahead and just do that. And the current upgrades as soon as thatā€™s all final.

And we do have all the previous form submissions, and your calculating of your stats in them is very useful. Iā€™ll be able to check against that to make sure Iā€™m doing it correctly for everybody else.

HP numbers are probably going to end up being wrong, but should be close enough. Iā€™m pretty sure we can get the LPs right at least.

So sorry about this, a bit of a foul-up behind the scenes.

3 Likes

Weā€™ll be cutting your paycheck in half until this is remedied. Effective immediately.

3 Likes

I should have 30 LP, if it helps. 15 left after equipping for Mission 6 after my windfall from Dorcas, 15 in pay.

HP, Iā€™ll go with what Bill says.

1 Like

Writing as a multiplayer game?

Amateurs.

Weā€™ve turned waiting into a multiplayer game.

BRB, creating a kickstarter campaignā€¦calling it Borium.

3 Likes

Why not just call it ā€œBRBā€ ?

1 Like

I havenā€™t felt this feeling in a long whileā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m awfully sorry, guys, for the dreadful delay, and for being incommunicado all this time.

If youā€™ll still have me (and I canā€™t blame you if you wonā€™t), we continue at the usual thread. Actual substance forthcoming in the next day or so.

4 Likes
1 Like

Youā€™re it, until youā€™re dead or I find someone better.

3 Likes

4 Likes

:heart: your post. (Iā€™m out of likes again, so I did this instead)

2 Likes

Be careful, my bovine friend. You come hanging in this thread and weā€™re going to start using peer pressure to get you to play a BBS door game with us sometime.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I know this came up some months ago, but I donā€™t know if anyoneā€™s made any progress on it or not. Then again, Iā€™m sure this is precisely the sort of thing for which the internet itself was created and (some say) perfected, but if it exists, I remain woefully ignorant.

The Badass game first came to light using what must be a fairly standard RPG mechanicā€¦ kinda like a stripped-down GURPS sorta thing, simplified to the point where we all knew what to do with it. Part of Patā€™s genius (a small part indeed of the impressive whole) was making the bar to entry so low: pick a species, name your ship and skipper, and decide if youā€™d rather be lucky, fast, or tough. He rolled for stats, and the rest of the character creation was left entirely up to the players, and the combat rounds were beautifully simple as well. It was a perfectly enjoyable gem of a game.

When starting Badass Dragons of the Wasteland, I had mistakenly thought it might be beneficial to add complications. That didnā€™t go so well. The game didnā€™t need it; all the imaginative curlicues should be added by the players (a fact which my stalwart players tried in vain to hammer into my thick skull from the beginning).

I think the best advance we could make toward Badass-type games hereabouts would be to automate (as much as possible) the crunch of the game. Again, Iā€™m sure it exists somewhere already (probably in seventeen million different versions), but even if we never get one tailor-made for Discourse, we could really use a GURPS-esque generic RPG interface.

There already exists a domain: badassdragon dot com, provided for the last game by @kingannoy, though itā€™d be entirely up to him to decide if it should be committed to this purpose longer than it already has.

You guys know what weā€™d need. A customizable but still simple RPG interface for stat entry and combat calculation. Something where the GM could specify how many different stats are applicable, name them, roll them, and use them for combat calculations. Enemies (whether mobs or bosses) should be similarly easy and quick to name, outfit, and roll. Ideally, players should be able to purchase armor, weapons, and upgrades, and select their missions, and maybe change their mind and revert to a prior state and redo their choices before the deadline. Upon the deadline, the site should roll all the combat and present the results in a reasonably easy-to-understand fashion. This frees the GM from the crunch and allows her to play up the fluff, which is sort of the strength of this community after all.

Players would be able to log in, view everyoneā€™s stats and resultsā€¦ maybe there could be a toggle option to have hidden inventory that other players could not see. Trades and purchases should be possible between players, within reason.

Anyone know where we can find a template like this? Failing that, is anyone here up to building one?

4 Likes

Maybe http://roll20.net/ ? You can probably use the character sheet tool in there.

2 Likes