Doordash charges $16 for a $24 pizza, so the pizzeria bought its own pizzas and made money

And the part where he is only shipping dough would blow people’s mind…
So the cost for his pizza delivered to himself is more for the box than the pizza.

1 Like

Just hand them an empty box! One Transparent Pizza to go!

All I know is that way of backdoor coercing restaurants into joining doordash is shady as hell.

3 Likes

“We went over the actual costs. Each pizza cost him approximately $7 ($6.50 in ingredients, $0.50 for the box). So if he paid $160 out of pocket plus $70 in expenses to net $240 from Doordash, he just made $10 in pure arbitrage profit.” Wow, the cost of making pizzas is just the cost of the ingredients plus the box; the labor cost is zero, and there is no overhead, no kitchen, no utilities to pay. Now I see why arbitrage people don’t value working people - because work literally has no value!

1 Like

And of course … isn’t dumping products or services at less than cost to build market share, like, illegal?

It kills competitors who have to break even, and whoever has the deepest pockets gets a monopoly.

Or anyway, that’s what some economist told me.

2 Likes

For the ‘no limit to marketing’ quip, we’re talking Softbank, here, and their track record speaks for itself.
It’s definitely unethical, and its a clear example of fleecing your ‘partners’ for your own short term gain.

It’s easy to think that everyone else is watching their bottom line well and running a tight operation, but that tends to very much be the exception. I had a friend who used to handle business-to-business debt collection, and the degree to which businesses just rack up debts they don’t pay is astounding. So many household names really just screw their customers & debtors in equal measure while they shuffle funds out of reach.

1 Like

Dumping is only illegal (and selectively so) in the context of international trade agreements. Although the behaviour is associated with monopolies and can probably be incorporated as evidence in domestic anti-trust cases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.