Doublehand: a robotic pair of hands you control with two fingers

Wow, I’m amazed this utterly useless waste of time hasn’t been thoroughly slagged off after twenty posts. Me, I can’t shitcan this enough. It’s fucken pathetic.

Get back to me when you don’t fall asleep waiting for the actuators to actuate, it’s possible to actually demonstrate actual utility, and the whole concept isn’t absurdly stupid.

3 Likes

On the other hand, you could raise FOUR fists at the same time. Imagine the revolutionary possibilities! :fist::fist::fist::fist:

8 Likes

Perfect for Roy Moore’s trips to the malls.

1 Like

You have to walk before you can run.

Pretty sure this is far from the cutting edge… Looks more like an art project than a serious effort at prosthetics.

4 Likes

type twice as fast?

Handy for Stravinsky or Rachmaninov.

Here’s Yuja Wang doing double-handed 5-finger 10th chords…

The rest of us mortals need a bit of help.

It does look like an art project. Or the sort of thing people make when they have a 3D printer. I doubt if they will sell any at that price. However, it has been probably made with standard parts and a 3D printer, so if there is one buyer out there then they can press the button and make another. There might be someone in motion pictures who needs this sort of thing.

What I get excited about is not this gadget, but that they can advertise something in the hope of a single, profitable sale. This is the democratisation of technology. This is ordinary people owning the means of production. Imagine the revolutionary possibilities!

2 Likes

For me that would just mean twice as many mistakes. And with only one back space key, I couldn’t correct them twice as fast.

1 Like

This is perfect accessory for double Dutch rudders!

2 Likes

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. If it’s actually useful for something other than looking neat, then why don’t they demonstrate any uses for it? Unfortunately, the answer is probably because it’s not actually capable of doing anything.

2 Likes

Now I want my own robot arm. For completely non sexual things. Yes.

1 Like

This thing is extraordinarily useless. For 1800 beans it’s almost insultingly useless. Looks cool, though.

Four fists, do you have no imagination? Put a doubler on each hand. Then put a doubler on each doubler, then repeat until you can’t lift your arms anymore.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.