Dr. Johnny Fever more than passes a drunk test on WKRP in Cincinnati

Originally published at: Dr. Johnny Fever more than passes a drunk test on WKRP in Cincinnati | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Stolen by Anchorman, but based on stuff that radio stations did (at least where I grew up) in the 1970s. Crazy times.

Johnny Fever was the Shotgun Tom of television.

7 Likes

RIP Howard Hessman. Johnny Fever is an icon. it’s too hard to choose one favorite clip, but this was a great one.

14 Likes

KOME out’a Fremont Ca. had Dennis Erectus, he got pulled every other week, he is a Bay Area legend.

5 Likes

Thanks, Adam “Tits McGhee” McKay

2 Likes

It’s odd what old TV shows we remember from being a kid, but I totally remember this one!

4 Likes

I found this one recently after decades. Steve Landesberg had a great smiling deadpan.

12 Likes

Somehow the video is flipped horizontally (note the word Cincinnati on Venus’s jacket), but otherwise, just as amazing as I remember it!

3 Likes

That’s what’s wrong! I just thought I couldn’t see the jacket clearly enough, but then I was trying to figure out why I thought something was wrong with the turntable.

3 Likes

I think people flip TV and movie clips to try to confuse automatic scans looking for copyright take down targets.

7 Likes

Another great one that’s been going around since his passing. “I do.”

4 Likes

Ha! I thought it was Cyrillic.

And with Deep Throat from the X-Files administering the test.

Had his Charlie Moore, from Head of the Class , taught at my high school I might not have dropped out.

Having Robin Givens and Khrystyne Haje in my class would have been pretty good motivation to keep going to school as well.

Intro to Blue Collar Man at the end gave me all the feels. Love it!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.