Listen to Dr. Johnny Fever's show from "WKRP in Cincinnati"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/06/listen-to-dr-johnny-fevers-show-from-wkrp-in-cincinnati.html

5 Likes

because most of the musical choices were
made by The Doctor, himself…

all i needed

13 Likes

Booogerrrrrrrr…

18 Likes

Love it. Would love it more if they found a way to remove the laugh track and it was just him and the music.

10 Likes

I’m so glad there is a DVD release of the show with as much of the original music as possible.

4 Likes

I remember watching the episode about the Arbitron ratings book (“Baby, If You’ve Ever Wondered”) in an undergrad college class about media business. The professor stated it was the most realistic depiction of the ratings book and its impact, done on television.

4 Likes

I have a distinct memory of him playing a tune from Pink Floyd’s “Animals” LP, and Mr. Carlson coming in to hang out (trying to be hip) and being flummoxed by the sounds of howling wolves on the track.

8 Likes

Thanks from all the Fellow Babies out there.

12 Likes

Better than any playlist on Spotify…

7 Likes

Someone needs to get AI on the job!

4 Likes

Hugh Wilson credited that to the fact that Shout Factory had plentiful experience with music contracts, especially in contrast to the previous attempt to sell the show (albeit in syndication rather than physical media)

3 Likes

i’m not sure if you can still get it, but i have a pirated set from someone on eBay who recorded all the shows back on VHS, and then ripped them to DVD, so the set has all the original music, unlike the Shout Factory set. It’s something like 16 DVDs, and it’s perfect.

But on topic, i’m looking forward to listening to this. I love Dr. Fever!

Carlson: “…Do you hear dogs?”

Johnny: “I do…”

6 Likes

Its from the Turkey Drop episode.

3 Likes

Gave it a bit of a listen and…

5 Likes
10 Likes

Knock yourself out. I wonder whether stem separation works on a laugh track…

3 Likes

Sounding great here on a rainy day. Sweet.

4 Likes

This is great. Now, can we do one for Venus Flytrap?

11 Likes

Downloaded the mp3 and listened to 30 or so minutes on the way home. The comic bits are funny and you get some of the best music from 70s rock.

4 Likes

Yes, Came to say the same!

I’m impressed with the variety in this collection, my memory just assumed it would have been just a lot of the most popular hits at the time.

4 Likes