Radio station mysteriously plays the same Rage Against the Machine song for hours on end

Originally published at: Radio station mysteriously plays the same Rage Against the Machine song for hours on end | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Awesome.

we don't need you GIF by Tom Morello

21 Likes

Corporate radio, why is that still a thing?

6 Likes

It happens.

12 Likes

10 Likes
2 Likes

Disappointed King Of The Hill GIF

28 Likes

That doesn’t sound like a mystery at all. It’s a format change, so there’s no advertisers that day, so no reason to play anything that brings in revenue.
We had an AM alternative station in Tucson called The End go out of business in the late nineties. They played “It’s The End Of The World (As We Know It)” on repeat that day.
It got old.

17 Likes

Youre Wrong The West Wing GIF

:grimacing:

I would have a hard time getting sick of that song…

15 Likes

It wasn’t too bad.
What really got old was when I played “Nixon’s The One” on a vintage 45 RPM changer on repeat on the 4th of July that year, on my own pirate station, as I had gone to a party.

7 Likes

Uriah Heep on the OC, or GTFO. /s

2 Likes

how is this news? radio stations do this all the time. Oddity Archive: Episode 239 – Radio Stunting - YouTube

3 Likes

Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

4 Likes

Is it weird that I guessed it was “killing in the name of” before I clicked on the OP? :smirk:

4 Likes

"Here’s the thing about when “What’s New Pussycat?” plays over and over and over and over and over again. The second time it plays, your immediate thought is not, “Hey someone’s playing ‘What’s New Pussycat’ again.” It’s, “Hey, ‘What’s New Pussycat’ is a lot longer than I first thought, and it has like a dip in the middle”-John Mulaney - Salt and Pepper Diner

5 Likes

An FM station here in Boston announced their format change similarly by playing Tone Loc’s “Wild Thing” endless for a week. People were only confused for the first day really. That afternoon, one of the company drivers asked me if Tone Loc had died or something.

4 Likes

“…I almost forgot fellow babies… BOOGERS!”

6 Likes

One station here in Illinois played Louie,Louie for weeks on end.

2 Likes

Oh why can’t we have President Bartlett right about now?!

6 Likes

These days corporate radio is the only thing. Independent radio stations are long gone.

3 Likes