Driver exercises poor judgment by trying to pass a truck on a narrow mountain road

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/24/driver-exercises-poor-judgment.html

4 Likes

Well, at least you made me look up the Pauli Exclusion Principle.

12 Likes

The driver took the meaning of light sedan a little too literally.

4 Likes

It’s never easy, even when you mistakenly think you own the road.

3 Likes

As the passing volume decreases, the pressure increases.

6 Likes

That’s just plain bad driving / plenty of room to pass, especially since the speed looks pretty low.

1 Like

Christ, what a dumbass.

3 Likes

the camera taking the video was not a disembodied spirit

the driver exercising poor judgment anticipated an imminent head-on collision

9 Likes

It’s funny, I was going to say “did you mean Bernoulli’s principle?”

I mean, I can infer the intended joke, but “Pauli exclusion” doesn’t land for me because it’s not really about things occupying the same position, and I couldn’t see how there’s a joke about the two vehicles having the same spin.

3 Likes

How satisfying. Local news is always spinning up the latest compilation of drivers passing on blind corners and barely avoiding collisions with the dash-cam-having truck coming towards them, that it’s really nice to see someone actually pay a consequence for once.

2 Likes

He’ll have to get the dentist to repair that grill.

9 Likes

The car itself looks chagrined when its grille falls off. Makes me think of the old Donald Norman book “Turn Signals are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles”

3 Likes

Obvious in retrospect- I blame low caffeine levels, of course, for my obliviousness.

The real problem here is passing when you can’t see if the road is clear.

2 Likes

This dentist?

3 Likes

The mountain roads that I drive regularly have no-passing solid lines fot their entire length. First-world solution.

2 Likes

800 deaths on the road daily in China need to come from somewhere…

It’s a good thing Bernoulli didn’t apply here; things could have sped up in a disastrous
way.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.