Drums of War

2 Likes

Gaza death toll rises to 198 - officials
The number of Palestinians killed in Israeli air strikes in the Gaza Strip has risen to 198, health officials say.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67037895

2 Likes

ETA

ETA

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yep. The government under Netanyahu have done nothing to move the peace process forward, and have expanded settlements. And of course, war is the outcome he really wanted, because being in a state of war gives him a more secure position.

This is fucking awful.

8 Likes

in reference to:

4 Likes

If Netanyahu wants to purge Israel of itโ€™s enemies, he needs to start with himself.

9 Likes

Ah, Nina Paley is so good at stylized animation.

I love Sita Sings the Blues.

1 Like
4 Likes

Youโ€™ve got to feel for the hostages right now. I mean there is as far as I can see no good outcome for the Gazans, thereโ€™s a lot of dead men and women walking. Itโ€™s horrifying.

7 Likes
4 Likes

BBC News - Israel blindsided by most serious attack from Hamas in a generation - Jeremy Bowen

5 Likes

Strategically speaking the Jews of the Warsaw Ghetto wanted to be free to live their lives in peace and not be victims of genocide.

Hard to see how the Warsaw Ghetto uprising furthered those strategies.

6 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

ETA

2 Likes

โ€ฆ if weโ€™re wondering why her work is not celebrated around here anymore, itโ€™s probably because sheโ€™s become an outspoken TERF

1 Like

Her art is really impressive. But this particular cartoon is very sad and pessimistic. I put it here because it was my mood that morning. But this cycle of death that she shows is very sad. It reflects the opinions of people like me when we see this news on TV. The cartoon has its message, but unfortunately it leaves no room for hope. Will that region always have one bloodbath after another?

3 Likes
4 Likes