Drums of War

ummm, no. Nope, I do not think that is true at all. IOW, (citation needed)

4 Likes

Yikes

2 Likes

Yes. As soon as I read this article I recalled the appointed of our jolly little Mr Bolton. He has a kind of American Revolution through to 1900s looks about him, eh? Instantly recognisable, great for a totalitarian administration to show the masses.

The BBC is so biased in so many ways, yet so happy to report on warwar.

3 Likes

Plausible. Everything trump does is to rile up his base. Turning a routine mission into something else would be an easy red meat propaganda opportunity. Like poking China with a stick in the South China Sea.

“Look ma, I’m doing stuff” doctrine.

4 Likes
4 Likes

https://popula.com/2019/02/24/about-face/

3 Likes

The “conformity, disguised as rebellion” bit is not only the most succinct description of the phenomenon, but also a very good point to raise in a discussion.

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

She left out US evangelicals for some reason. Hmmmm

3 Likes

This sounds like an Ace Combat plot. Seriously, it’s like 3 & 7 mixed into one terrible scenario.

1 Like

Vs.

Somebody is lying. I wonder who…

1 Like
2 Likes

Time for a good old Reichstag fire to drum up public support?

5 Likes
7 Likes

Nobody knows what the fuck anybody else is doing. And Trump wanting to negotiate with Iran is rich - he’s done nothing but poke the hornet’s nest - between declaring their military a terrorist organization, to backing out of the nuclear deal, to constantly escalating rhetoric - all with zero evidence or provocation. But now he wants to be Mr Statesman and start talking?

6 Likes

Uh, yeah?

Hey, you see these guns, and these mooks here? They ain’t gonna do nothin’ if you gives me lots of money and stays quiet about it. But the second you says somethin’ or pays up late, you’re gonna get a visit from my boys, okay? Naw, I don’t care about all that nuclear stuff or humans rights… Just get me my money.

4 Likes

Trump: “I’m a grifter, not a fighter.”

3 Likes

When the Bushes said things like this in public, they were just lying.

It’s more plausible that Trump is so incompetent he can neither find anybody to work for him who shares his, um, values, such as they are, nor control the people he does appoint. This is like Reagan era stuff.

Basically Trump believes whatever he hears on Fox News. They said the old deal was bad, so he broke it. Now he’s surprised that nobody trusts him. He’s never admitted to making a mistake in his life, and he won’t start today.

6 Likes