Drunk gentleman arrested in NYC subway station carrying bizarre homemade gas-powered rifle

Originally published at: Drunk gentleman arrested in NYC subway station carrying bizarre homemade gas-powered rifle | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Yikes! That is at least as dangerous as my never built steampunk propane “lightsaber” would have been!

10 Likes

Why even conceal it, considering it looks more like a piece of plumbing than a gun.

Also, is the barrel truly “rifled”? I have my doubts.

8 Likes

And yet the Supreme Court’s fascist wing wants to make it easy for people to carry guns on the subways. Fuck them!

5 Likes

no country for old men javier bardem gif | WiffleGif

13 Likes

An inelegant weapon for a less civilized age.

13 Likes

Montoya, you say…

There’s a you killed my father joke hiding in there but I haven’t the reach to find it.

le sigh

1 Like

This one?

5 Likes

Felons can’t possess devices that use gas pressure to fire projectiles? I guess these are out then:

This one.

1 Like

Wow, I don’t even recognize most of those parts!

Hydraulics it is then!

1 Like

This being USA, was that gas-powered as in the stuff you put in your vehicles or as in non-liquid, non-solid substance? :wink:

(Yeah, but before I read beyond the headline I was seriously trying to visualise a two-stroke motor on a rifle.)

1 Like

I’ve seen outdoor survival folks on youtube using air powered hunting rifles talking about how they are becoming more popular because they didn’t need a license. There are brick and mortar stores that just sell these powerful air rifles. I’d like to see them become as regulated as firearms are/used to be.

That construction appears to be a basic potato gun. I thought those were legal in the US? Or is the illegal part that he was concealing it? Or carrying it in the subway?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.