Anyone can now carry a concealed handgun in Georgia without a license or background check

Originally published at: Anyone can now carry a concealed handgun in Georgia without a license or background check | Boing Boing

8 Likes

35 Likes

Animated GIF

23 Likes

Bill Murray Sigh GIF by Groundhog Day

20 Likes

Something tells me that if you’re a young Black man spotted with a gun in downtown Atlanta it’s still going to count as justification for police to open fire.

44 Likes

And this makes the world a better place HOW???!!!

11 Likes

:notes:Georgia on my mind :musical_note:

Yosemite02

16 Likes

Desperate political points at the cost of public safety.

16 Likes

Where are all those “good guys with guns” you hear about?

Oh, those were the good guys?

12 Likes

I’ll wager that they are “lube’n their barrels”.

2 Likes

The Sunset Park subway mass shooting in NYC yesterday springs to mind (as I’m still getting Suspect At Large texts from the gov), as the shooter used a handgun and high-capacity magazines. Of course, that shooter apparently possessed his guns “legally” Thanks Kemp, for letting us know the definition of “legally owned” will continue to expand and the flow of carnage will continue unabated!

9 Likes

I think this action by Mr. Kemp deserves celebration. How about we set up a raffle booth with say 10 grand prizes: fully loaded handguns ready for the winners to carry away from the booth at the end of the raffle. And I have a perfect place for it: right outside an elementary school.

Let’s call it the “Brian Kemp Arms Kindergarteners” raffle.

It should be obvious, but given the world we’re living in I’ll state it explicitly: /s

5 Likes

The way he just slipped in the whole “protect the women folk” bit is impressive in a horrible way.

22 Likes

GQP’ers/KKKpublicans have unanimously declared to the disgust of everyone with a brain, “women are possessions/chattel” for the Men folk to do with as they please. Evidence abounds.

15 Likes

The problem is everyone is the good guy in their own story, including the people who open fire on protesters or look for pizza pedo basements or shoot movie goers who throw popcorn at them or follow a hit and run driver having a medical emergency or follow a kid through a neighborhood or “provide medical aid” at a burnt out car lot or patrol the streets in uniform or…

12 Likes

I was wondering when GA was going to get around to copying the shitstorm of garbage bills that have been making the rounds.

I can’t wait (narrator: I can wait) to see how this plays out in Savannah, where the crime rate is rising and nobody wants to work for the police dept.

9 Likes

That’s the wrong Yosemite Sam for Georgia. Gotta use the confederate one.

21 Likes

Does mean they are correct. Or that some people who commit such crimes don’t later come to understand better.

Other than the mental health bill, it was a shit show this year, though the laws they did pass were some what milder than in other states. But the BS where they snuck in the anti-trans stuff at the last minute was infuriating.

Except up in N. GA, which was a hotbed of unionism during the war… but people forget that because it’s full of Yosemite Sams now…

14 Likes

More violence is part of the plan. They’re creating the scapegoat for fascist escalation.

Just like they gut Federal policies, then point to it the shortcomings so they can run on “government doesn’t work” platforms. It doesn’t work because they break it!

16 Likes

Well, fuck, now Georgia’s on the list of places I would never voluntarily visit. I’ve already had a mass shooting happen a block from my house that I happened not to be at through sheer luck, there’s no way I’m going to a state where guns are completely unregulated.

13 Likes