Louisiana hopes to reduce crime by letting teens conceal-carry guns

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/24/louisianans-will-be-able-to-conceal-carry-guns-without-a-permit-training.html

13 Likes

Naked Gun Facepalm GIF

23 Likes

Can’t wait for those same exact people blame ‘moral cancers’ instead of cuts to mental health services and easy access to guns for mass shootings involving teens in the state

20 Likes

This seems like he should get found guilty of accessory to murder, on a massive scale.

19 Likes

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Marvel Studios

24 Likes

Why not go the whole hog and make concealed carry not just legal, but mandatory?

After all, if more guns equals less crime, you can’t take a chance that some weenie will decide to leave their piece at home and thus endanger society by their negligence.

20 Likes

So the logic is:
“Because, when everyone is super a criminal, no one is!”
th-2545437049

16 Likes

Reducing crime, one potential perpetrator at a time.

10 Likes

Modern conservatism is just a desire to inflict your psychoses on the rest of the population.

Somehow, I doubt anyone will be allowed to carry a weapon in the presence of the governor, though.

14 Likes

Having lived in Louisiana, you learn to read between the lines.

The simple act of walking while black is a jailable offense in some towns. Almost every black person has had a run in with the law because racist cops gonna be racist.

They might as well slap a big “Whites Only” sign on this bill.

Allowing permitless concealed carry with their talk of “right to self defense” and “perpetrators” is just lip service to equal rights while giving cops even more justification to treat every black person in the south like that candy bar/cell phone/empty hand is a gun.

38 Likes

Does immunity extend to drive-by shootings?

9 Likes

Angry Cartoon Network GIF

19 Likes

So basically, concealed-carry permit = human-hunting license now?

16 Likes

Hell why not just line all the teens in the state up and shoot them, more efficient that way. /s

I say this with an /s tag but I’m also aware of the longstanding and severe lynching/racial murder problem in LA, which this is almost certainly going to make worse. So /s aside I believe there is a very real genocidal mania behind these bills.

19 Likes

What will the politicians do when this seriously thins out the potential taxpayers? We’re talking brains that haven’t fully developed.

And then, there’s the teens.

9 Likes

There’s nothing that reduces crime quite like legalizing murder.

15 Likes

everyone is law abiding until they lose their gun, or accidentally shoot someone, or mistakenly believe their life is in danger, or get in to an argument, or drink too much, and on and on

guns lower the threshold for deadly violence. they create crimes and criminal behavior

this 1000 percent. i mean, without that provision they’d be minting criminals. :confused:

yup. and who’s going to be asking if a kid is old enough when they can’t even see the guns they’re carrying? if it’s legal at 18, it’s defacto permitted for all teenagers.

11 Likes

There’s a guy who’s never met teenagers.

Although given his picture- he’s never met them for legal purposes.

17 Likes

And recall that when busybodies were pushing the drinking age up to 21, one of the rationales was that there needed to be an age buffer because people sometimes people misjudge by a couple of years so just to be on the safe side lest a 16 year old get a drink, better make it 21.

9 Likes

I wonder how many people who wanted to expand concealed carry in response to school shootings know that the Louisiana concealed carry rights don’t apply to school grounds, or many other locations where gun fetishists imagine their ‘good guy with a gun’ fantasies - including parades or protests which have a government permit.

https://www.lsp.org/services/concealed-handgun-information/prohibited-locations/

8 Likes