Louisiana hopes to reduce crime by letting teens conceal-carry guns

Remember when conservatives were afraid of teenagers?

5 Likes

Oh, they still are. But they are afraid of teenagers voting
I could see them thinking this is a win all around. Teens killing each other: dead ones can’t vote. Makes the base of white supremacists, christian fascists, and 2nd amendment NJ happy. Justification to shoot any Black person by the cops and any Black person being “perpetrators” by jogging, or talking, or waking across a white person’s lawn or entering a store. Or just existing where white people are.

No No No GIF

13 Likes

I think it’s also to get young ones used to walking around with a gun. Peer pressure and fear of other armed youth will encourage young people to start carrying. Then any politician who points out that it’s foolish and dangerous will seem unreasonable.

1 Like

The whole hog:

2046 on Tumblr: Image tagged with ghost in the shell, anime, stand alone complex

2 Likes

Ah, teenagers. A group well known for levelheadedness, logical reasoning, calm demeanor and ability to think through the consequences of their actions.

Oblig.
im-doing-my-part-soldier

11 Likes

Oh i just realized, when i said this law was whites only… i forgot how anti female and anti lgbtq the south is…

What i meant to say is this law is for cis white males of “good moral character”.

Women dont get to stand their ground because they were asking for it and they might force doctors to perform abortions at gunpoint.

2 Likes

Yeah, especially the women and LGBQT+ people… /s

Let’s not mistake gerrymandering and other shitty tactics designed the disenfranchise large swaths of southerners as being the “real” south, please. I fucking exist, and so do lots of my friends and family. The bigots and assholes don’t speak for us all down here, and I’m really sick of people acting like they fucking do.

16 Likes

Sorry, you’re not wrong.

I met some of the best people down south, im sorry you feel like you get painted with the same brush as book burning nazis and lost causers.

Yeah theres lots of nice people in the south but theres also a lot of really really unbelievably awful people.

it doesnt just erase/excuse how awful the south can be.

The best way to reduce crime is simply to legalize everything.

3 Likes

Just… stop. Stop painting us all with the same brush. It’s not helpful.

11 Likes

Even a fascist cop knows what to do. That’s Judge Fear but still one of the Dark Judges.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of nice people and awful people everywhere. The problem with the south is the worst ones are in charge, and not through fair democratic means. If you ever would like to see that fixed…well, the people of the south are the ones you should be putting your hopes on. (Incidentally, they include the great majority of black people in America too.)

14 Likes

that describes literally everywhere. from silicon valley and wall street 1%ers - it’s sea to shining sea here in the usa.

the politics demand that there be enough states under white conservative control so that there’s still power to be had in congress and the white house. and that’s a large part of why the money flows the way it does, and why representation and justice for people is so hard everywhere

if you ignore the system, and you write off the “south” - if you ignore the fundamental solidarity we have across geographic, race, or gender lines - know that you’re following the game plan of the people who want to keep the levers of power exactly like they are

15 Likes

Any area or region itself is not sentient; it’s the people and the choices they make which can be awful.

And speaking as a Black person, and a woman, that’s true no matter what the locale may be; so maybe stop vilifying the setting.

Racism, sexism and mindless hatred exist everywhere, because people choose to perpetuate it.

16 Likes

1 Like

And @gatto and @Melizmatic
Comedy Central Reaction GIF

10 Likes

Problem is, this can be said of absolutely any grouping of humans, geographically, ethnically, economically, etc. Southerners have no lock on, or even majority hold on, assholery. It’s the one resource we will never run out of.

Unity Coke GIF by Coca-Cola

Cokes all 'round!

11 Likes

I guess thoughts n prayers weren’t effective in reducing crime so they need stronger stuff?

1 Like

The south? You mean like North Dakota and Idaho? Way down there?

13 Likes

Yeah and they chose to perpetuate hate on an institutional level across all levels of government for the last century.

Good people are everywhere in afganistan russia and nazi germany too. Doesnt make the choices their governments made any less hateful

3 Likes