Right as Gov. Landry signs his 10 Commandments law, a child behind him faints (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/20/right-as-gov-landry-signs-his-10-commandments-law-a-child-behind-him-faints-video.html

4 Likes

Pretty sure those schools needed the $71M in aid a shitload more than any sectarian unconstitutional illegal poster.

21 Likes

I think God is trying to tell them something

12 Likes

No worries. They’re not going to teach the kids to read anyway.

14 Likes

10/10 on the cruelty. No notes. /s

6 Likes

Oh, no… they will… but just enough do they can read instructions and fill out forms, and read the bible (although, none of that interpreting it themselves!). I mean, the capitalist system needs a certainly level of literacy, just not TOO much literacy…

11 Likes

Smiting is very difficult, and even even god’s aim is off sometimes.

11 Likes

Waiting for “It was just the Devil leaving the child’s body in the presence of such holiness!” BS. Guarantee someone is going to do it.

13 Likes

I certainly hope that the legal shenanigans, which I trust will follow, will result in the tenets of the FSM (may his noodly appendages continue to guide us) also being posted in every school. It’s about time we had another Kansas School Board episode.

3 Likes

Child faints from hypocrisy exposure. It’s apparently airborne there.

8 Likes

Hypocrisy and cant. (At least that’s what I gather they think they heard her mutter as she fell.)

3 Likes

Moses (who lived sometime in the 14th or 13th century BCE) as the first lawgiver? Well, his Wikipedia page does credit him as having the title “Lawgiver” and state that it was a New title when he received it. Where does the link for the word “lawgiver” on that page go? It’s to the page for Prophet. I wonder what sections that page has.

Hmm, one of its first sections is “Mesopotamian origins” which links to Sumerian religion. When was that around?

The first picture on the Sumerian religion page has the caption “Wall plaque showing libations by devotees and a naked priest, to a seated god and a temple. Ur, 2500 BCE.” Later on that page we see " Temples served as cultural, religious, and political headquarters until approximately 2500 BC, with the rise of military kings known as Lu-gals (“man” + “big”)[6] after which time the political and military leadership was often housed in separate “palace” complexes."

Even the Bible may have copied from Sumerian mythological stories. Again from that page, “Some stories recorded in the older parts of the Hebrew Bible bear strong similarities to the stories in Sumerian mythology. For example, the biblical account of Noah and the Great Flood bears a striking resemblance to the Sumerian deluge myth, recorded in a Sumerian tablet discovered at Nippur.”

How many other pantheons had laws that predate Christianity and Moses? Sounds like maybe Governor Landry needs a refresher course on world history from a competent school.

8 Likes

Aww, the poor baby. I fainted during a middle school(?) chorus performance; it was mortifying. For some reason I wasn’t picked on about the fainting, as I recall. I guess I gave them plenty of fodder being the “gifted” comic book nerd whom everyone assumed was gay. I can only imagine living in a state where cruelty is the point will only make her next few weeks a bullying nightmare.

8 Likes

MAGA Republican interpretation of the 10 Commandments:

• Items to irk the right, so why not.

Trump’s Interpretation of the 10 Commandments:

• My to do (violate) list.
2 Likes

Who can blame her? She was probably stricken at the thought of the crappy future that a-holes like Landry are creating for her.

1 Like
6 Likes

Shoot, he wasn’t even the first lawgiver to have an origin story involving being placed in a basket as an infant only to be rescued downriver and raised as royalty.

6 Likes

Loving I Love You GIF by Apple TV+

2 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking!

Also, to the best of my recollection, Moses wasn’t a lawgiver either. He hung out with a flaming bush which wrote words on rocks and he brought them down. More like a postman, no? Law carrier even?

4 Likes

Obligatory comparison video, if someone asks if Democrats would do better:

7 Likes