Drunk NYPD cop shouted racial slurs at family after breaking into their home thinking it was his AirBnB

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/14/drunk-nypd-cop-shouted-racial.html

7 Likes

allegedly breaking into a Nashville home and drunkenly terrorizing its occupants, threatening youngsters and shouting racial slurs

A mistake anyone could make.

In Tennessee, this is considered by many an acceptably standard greeting.

9 Likes

White newscaster Danielle Leigh: ā€œā€¦one of those mistakesā€¦ā€

6 Likes

Remember when people were held accountable for the crimes they commit while intoxicated? Well thatā€™s still the case, unless youā€™re a white off duty cop.

22 Likes

ā€œI apologize for breaking into these folksā€™ house and denigrating them with vile racial slurs. Those slurs were intended for the owners of the AirBNB rental but I was simply in the wrong house.ā€

14 Likes

Charges have yet to be filed but a Nashville police spokesperson said the officer could face misdemeanor charges for aggravated trespassing.

Call me crazy, but Iā€™m willing to bet that a black dude who isnā€™t a cop would get more than ā€œmaybe, possibly, a misdemeanor chargeā€ if he broke into a white guyā€™s house in Nashville and threatened him. Well, besides ā€œdeadā€, I mean.

31 Likes

Talk about your off the cuff excuses. What? did he spend a whole second coming up with that one?

1 Like

Well. he was drunkā€¦seeā€¦so that makes it ok. We all know that being drunk changes your entire personality. Its like you become a Bizzarro version of yourself! /s

1 Like

I mean, who hasnā€™t gotten drunk, broken into somebodyā€™s house, threatened them and yelled obscenities??

Itā€™s just one of those things, amirite? Like finding extra cash in oneā€™s wallet after a bust, or helping a black dude up after he falls down the stairs at the station; itā€™s too difficult for him to do it himself with all those shackles on!

10 Likes

New Yorkā€™s finest, asshole.

2 Likes

But of course he had ā€˜buzzed blonde hair and blue eyesā€™. Quintessential stupid white people going off.

1 Like

Apropos of Tennessee greetings; I believe that itā€™s a stand-your-ground jurisdiction.

Iā€™mā€¦just guessingā€¦that team Law And Order would not have been turning out to celebrate the result, Because Colorblind Reasons; but our ā€˜gentlemanā€™ is pretty lucky that the response to

ā€œTry to shoot me, Iā€™ll break every bone in your F****** neck. You F****** N******.ā€

was not ā€œChallenge accepted.ā€

5 Likes

Cut him some slack. Itā€™s not like working for the NYPD gives you a lot of practice with needing excuses for your abusive conduct; so heā€™s probably quite unfamiliar with the process.

2 Likes

The invadees probably knew that the fate of black people shooting a white man, esp a white cop, is generally not good. Drunk, invaded our home, shouted racist threats. Reverse the races, and it is a classic ā€œstand your groundā€ case. In this case, no. Just no.

5 Likes

iā€™m surprised he didnā€™t claim that sacha baron cohen tricked him into doing and saying those things.

2 Likes

Whew, for a minute I thought it was just me. Me and Officer Friendly here.

He iced the cake with the racial slurs, though. That was the lagniappe on his drunken berzerk.

1 Like

a classic example of why STR Type 2 rentals in a R-1B-zoned neighborhood are a bad idea.

i wonder if the property owner lost the license for this property. what i hear from the business people turning residential neighborhoods into commercial areas is that str type 2 properties are much more highly regulated and all it takes is a complaint or two for the now-rezoned property to be derezoned.

2 Likes

In Texas it would be a castle doctrine defense. I imagine Tennessee has something similar. (Edit: wikipedia is silent on Tennessee.) Just remember to drag the bloody corpse inside.

What ever happened to just getting drunk and leaving an ex sobbing voice mails while eating a tub of ice cream?

1 Like

This piece of shit hasnā€™t even been taken off duty.

7 Likes