'Duck seeking duck'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/12/duck-seeking-duck.html

13 Likes

You need duck bait, what exactly is duck bait, I have no idea, but you need it.

11 Likes

It may well have something to do with shaking a tail feather.

17 Likes

z805

20 Likes

Needs to be posted to the D4D section of Craigslist.

9 Likes

:heart: the northern northeast for their pragmatic yet whimsical solutions to life’s problems.

12 Likes

We, too, are down to one lonesome Runner duck but if she’s depressed she doesn’t tell me about it. I feel bad for her though.

In the spring we’ll be getting some chicks, probably, so maybe she’ll be able to raise some duck-chickens.

11 Likes

Exactly. The best bait for male ducks is surely a female duck. If she hasn’t found a new one yet, she’s probably not hanging out in the right ponds.

3 Likes

See, now, I was thinking this was a story about autocorrect!

9 Likes

why doesn’t the owner just eat the duck for xmas? seems like alot of insecurities and loneliness are being projected onto a poor animal bred for human consumption.

1 Like

“Lonesome Duck” sounds like the Loony Tunes parody of a Western starring Robert DuVall and Tommy Lee Jones.

7 Likes

A man in Maine realized one of his female ducks was heartbroken after a bobcat “snatched her two fellow ducks from owner Chris Morris’ yard on Dry Moon Lane about two weeks ago.”

Hollywood is going to be optioning the rights.

Death Wish - Revenge in the Barnyard.

2 Likes

While I think eating those suffering from heartbreak is usually the best option, this breed of duck is a prolific egg-layer, so eating her would be a waste.

5 Likes

A motherducker.

7 Likes

Because animals have feelings, too.

Okay, you may all commence mocking me now. :wink:

edited to add: I was going to post something about protecting domestic animals from predators, but bobcats. Rough. Not much you can do. A bobcat wants something, it’s going to get it.

2 Likes

I had to google “runner duck”, because I hadn’t heard of them before.I was surprised to see that they stand taller and more upright than say a mallard:

images

What delightful creatures.

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t

11 Likes

Wrong coast, but:

Are we talking about a sprinter or distance runner?

3 Likes

Cute, sexy Platypus seeks open-minded Duck for good times.
Likes worms, pina colada, and walks in the rain.

12 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t want to be doing anything that might hurt property values when the posh poultry patrol is out. They look serious.

2 Likes

You should see them at a poultry show. They all go into a little fenced ring and run around and around like swirling water, and the judge picks a winner by watching them.

Sounds like a drug-induced dream. I’m pretty sure I didn’t do any drugs and that this is an accurate memory.

4 Likes