Dune fandom praised

That is so much worse than having a thing for milking cats.

2 Likes

Well, Aragorn was at least trying to prove that he deserved to be king. The whole business with going off to find a ghost army, besides Gondor needing all the help it could get, was to get his own army.

Note that he refused to enter the city until invited. He wasn’t going to walk in and just claim his right to be king.

For all anyone knew, the march to the gates of Mordor was going to end in death for everyone, but he took the front. I think the movie did a good job of making that point. Everyone was about to be orc meat up until the last second.

Granted doing without kings would have been cool, but the only group of people that seemed accustomed to that were the hobbits. Gondor lost it’s last king years back, but what did they do but transfer power from hereditary kings to hereditary stewards?

Is this Wu-Tang or Native Tongues? I always get them mixed up.

3 Likes

Yes, he wasn’t going to get the girl until he’d proven himself to Mr Stuckup Elfbritches.

LotR at least justified it, but it set the pattern for all the knock-offs that get lazy.

I’d love to see a story where there’s a prophecy that one day bards will sing of the son of a king who slays the EvilBigBad. Questors find the son of the king, but it slowly turns out that he’s an entitled bastard, unfit to rule, who finally gets pushed off a mountain by his own former supporters.

“What about the prophecy that the bards will sing of the son of the king?”
“Yes”, jingles money purse, “that’s what they’ll sing alright.”

2 Likes

I think he was even in 7 and 8.

Which are hugely underrated! Someone needs to make an anime series based on those books! 18 hours per book might just do it…

has a distinct life of brian vibe before it descends into Lotr like madness.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.