Dune screenwriter works in 30-year-old MS-DOS app, obeying dictat of Butlerian Jihad

Football Celebrate GIF by Major League Soccer

5 Likes

i hope that footballer’s name is neal, because then my life will be complete

2 Likes

Holy smokes, I had no idea that anything on this planet had an “Alien” like second jaw. Wow!

11 Likes

Sorry… Josef… :cry:

3 Likes

that’s okay. i can’t really achieve nirvana ( no, the other one ) just yet anyway. ive got a bunch of work to finish for my new job

4 Likes

That says:

I’m not afraid of electrical fires. I’m not afraid of flooding,

1 Like

That was the joke. Phoning people is terrible and good riddance to it.

Yes, the xenomorphs were partly inspired by moray eels and partly by parastitoid wasps, which infect other arthropods with their eggs. John Hurt’s character (as well as the Hadley’s Hope colonists on LV-426) was inspired by the fate of insects who were the victims of these wasps.

3 Likes

I twitch enough when I see the five or six workstations on our network still using Windows 7!

When I was working in the IT department at UW-Parkside we did support an XP image on a VM long past its best by date because the software for a bit of very expensive lab equipment was only available on XP. No, it absolutely did not connect directly to our network and the update requests had been strangled to death long ago.

2 Likes

Yeah, we have one remaining Windows 7 system, needed only cause of our HVAC system. Of course Seimens wants $15k to upgrade to the new version that supports a more recent OS.

3 Likes

About that
How it started:

How it’s going:

Pretty sure, given the absolute chaos in the hospital’s when it happened (no test results, no tests, no access to patient history, having to walk the length of the hospital to get files etc.) That people died. My mother was in hospital the day it happened (4 days before it was made public) and it was dreadful

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.