Earliest family photo at Stonehenge, from the 1860s, turned up in Queen guitarist's collection

Originally published at: Earliest family photo at Stonehenge, from the 1860s, turned up in Queen guitarist's collection | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Dude’s led an interesting life.

9 Likes

We are the champions!

8 Likes

Dear Internet:
Will you please stop posting stereograms in “spread your eyes” format? No human is capable of viewing them. Please only ever use “cross your eyes” format, cuz that’s something we can actually see.
Thanks,
-actual internet user

I have no problem viewing wall-eyed stereo images, but can’t view them cross-eyed. So this is not a universal sentiment.

5 Likes

(looks through stereoscope)

“Wow, it’s like you’re really there. . . and everything’s in sepia-toned black and white for some reason!”

14 Likes

Add patchouli for the authentic experience.

There is no universal stereogram format.

Cross-eyed pairs give me a headache, so I ONLY view in parallel.

In fact, I recently downloaded a few cross-eyed pairs that I need to convert to parallel before I will even try to look at them.

2 Likes

Stereo color hadn’t been invented yet.

2 Likes

My brain made me read the title this way “Queen guitarist turned up in earliest family photo at Stonehenge”.

2 Likes

Okay: NEW new universal format: post pix in BOTH formats: parallel, and cross-eyed. Thanks.

2 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3)

13 Likes

As if people don’t know who Brian May is. Why not just use his name in the headline?

3 Likes

stonehenge-2

4 Likes

And let’s not forget a legendary mensch.

2 Likes

Perhaps to avoid confusion with Brian May - IMDb , the Australian soundtrack composer of Mad Max ?

Never heard of him. :wink:

1 Like

As a high school student, Brian May built an electric guitar from scratch with his dad as a craft project. He played that guitar through his Queen years and I think he still plays it to this day. It’s key to his sound and is just one more awesome thing about him (IMHO). Apparently the neck was constructed from wood salvaged from a fireplace mantel that was being thrown out by a family friend.

5 Likes

I love Brian May. I’ve seen him with Freddie several times, solo, with Paul Rodges(also a big fan) and with Adam Lambert.

I really want to see him with Kerry Ellis.

If you google Brian May’s sound he has been using the exact set up for every album and every live show since 1966.

His save the hedgehog charity is also awesome.

He also mentors or gets involved with new talent.

Who can forget God Save The Queen on the roof of Buckingham Palace?

And the last one. Brian May with Pavarotti.

Sorry, but once I get started on Brian…

2 Likes