Queen's Brian May clears badgers of TB rap

Originally published at: Queen's Brian May clears badgers of TB rap - Boing Boing

8 Likes

Contributed by Gail Sherman

7 Likes

A post about TB!!!

happy fuck yeah GIF

10 Likes
17 Likes

Brian May PhD, all around good guy, savior of badgers!
And the only guy I am aware of to make a hit song based on relativistic time dilation.

19 Likes

For some reason badgers don’t cause TB in Ireland so I’m rather suspicious of them doing so in the UK.

And the cow industries here get to write their own laws so I have no idea what’s going on with the culling in the UK.

12 Likes

'39 is proof that Brian May would have been a great lead singer in any band that didn’t have Freddie Mercury in it.

13 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve been a fan of Brian and follow all his work for forever.

We saw him and his family wandering around Niagara Falls a bunch of years ago. He’s just a regular rock god kind of guy.

He also has a hedgehog rescue on his estate in England.

Here’s a great Brian hedgehog story that will get you in the feels.

I saw 39 mentioned above, here’s a great version he did outside the Tenerife Observatory a couple years ago.

And while we’re on the subject of Brian, if you’ve never heard it, seek out his Back To The Light solo album, good stuff.

9 Likes

since we’re talking about music and badgers, here’s something otherwise completely unrelated

2 Likes

just glad “tuberculosis rap” is not a music genre

2 Likes

It’s a subgenre in opera.

7 Likes

Uh ohs.

5 Likes

TIL

I haven’t heard it since I was a kid and then I couldn’t quite make it fit but I just saw it as a kind of Children of Lir story (when you come back decades have passed. Only fairies, not relativity).

2 Likes

I mean I don’t know but it’s the Torygraph so not a credible source of information on science.

It’s not just that it is a front for money, it’s that it really is the Daily Mail for posh people when it comes to sciencey bullshit.

6 Likes

… industrial farming is a literal shitshow?

Badgers!

Around here it’s supposedly the sea lions’ fault that there are no fish left in the ocean

The fishing industry is terribly concerned about those evil sea lions :thinking:

7 Likes

See La Boheme for further details.

1 Like

Fixed it!

7 Likes

If only one guitarist could be said to have a signature sound, it would be Brian May. One strum of a note, and you’d know it was him.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.