Earth and Moon is a freaky 3D animation that left me wondering whether I should laugh or cry

Originally published at: Earth and Moon is a freaky 3D animation that left me wondering whether I should laugh or cry | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I don’t know what he’s smoking if anything but I am real certain that I don’t want to share any of it. It just kept running full tilt into weirder and weirder

3 Likes

I stopped watching them once they started doing NFTs

3 Likes

Hold up…where’s my drink?

Ahhhh

13 Likes

Needs more Tool.

4 Likes

nightmarish

I’m somewhat repulsed

If you’re not high right now, watching this will surely make you feel like you are stoned immaculate.

I prefer not to experience nightmarishness and repulsion when stoned, thanks. Whatever Popkin is smoking, I would advise stopping it. This is not a wonderful thing.

1 Like

What the…

1 Like

I mean if I saw this on Liquid TV in the late 90’s I think my only response would have been, “Well then.”

Meanwhile Netflix has a compilation of Oat Studio work, with this one having a particularly disturbing creature (at least IMO). To me there is a line where art, fantasy, and rendering can surpass “real”. Meaning that things drawn or rendered can be “disturbing” but at the same time they aren’t a real thing. But taking that drawing or rendering and creating the real out of it…it’s like what dreams do - turning the imaginary into a nightmare reality.

2 Likes

The weird part is: I have that same ceiling fan!

5 Likes

When Magratheans dream.

2 Likes

I was thinking more, “When Vogons dream”

2 Likes

Nah, not enough poetry.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.