Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy officially deemed "essential workers" by New Zealand Prime Minister

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/07/easter-bunny-and-tooth-fairy-o.html

4 Likes

So just give them a penny a long time ago; suitably invested, they should be rather well-off by now, thanks to the power of compound interest.

(Insert Pratchett quote from Fifth Elephant here, with Lady Margolotta’s explanation to Vimes about vampires tending to be quite rich. Alas, I’m sheltering out-of-place without access to my library)

3 Likes

I think neither bunnies or fairies can be infected with Covid anyway.

2 Likes

I thought they got paid in teeth. Seems pretty clear to me.

9 Likes

So she’s better at PR than the failed advertising executive trying to run the country across the pond, as well as a better politician and all-round human being.

5 Likes

And how do kiwi dentists feel about this status?

Speaking of Easter bunnies, now is likely not the time for animals to get sick.

There was a local story about calling in veterinarians to handle ventilators if the need arises. They will just need a bit of training. And they have ventilators that can be used for people with slight modification.

I guess they are down to emergencies, I can’t imagine dogs or cats, or cows, being very good at telemedicine.

Class act right there. Go Not Australia!

2 Likes

I’m just worried that “hazard pay” means that the tooth fairy is going to be allowed to start helping herself instead of waiting for them to fall out on their own.

3 Likes

I don’t think kiwi birds have teeth. Nor do the fruit.

(@beschizza 'shoops a kiwi fruit with teeth in 3…2…1…)

2 Likes

Technically the easter bunny is considered an invasive species in both NZ and Australia.

3 Likes

Kiwi Eyes Trump says peekaboo

4 Likes

No way he’s thinking bunnies.

But even so, the WA state premier Mark McGowan has issued the same exemption here:
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/easter-bunny-travel-western-australia

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.