Economist removed from plane for Algebra, flight delayed 1.5 hours

Just for the record I only use parabolas for conic effect.

17 Likes

We, in a glance, perceive three wine glasses on the table; Funes saw all the shoots, clusters, and grapes of the vine.

9 Likes

Anecdotal evidence wonā€™t, however, get you published in the peer-reviewed journals.

[yes, I like Borges too.]

3 Likes

we are , alas , too late !! it is embedded in the culture ~ " when they came for the topolgists . . . "

5 Likes

Howā€¦paradoxical.

Keep the math puns aggregating, everyone!

14 Likes

Did anyone else think, based on the headline, that the planeā€™s destination was Algebra?

12 Likes

The most (irrationally) feared country on Earth?

14 Likes

I would mention my toes for counting to twenty, but I donā€™t want to be branded a heretic or (insert foot based religious pun here).

5 Likes

The trouble with counting about 15, is that it doesnā€™t leave you a leg to stand on.

6 Likes

are those unknown unknowns or known unknowns?

7 Likes

What does this have to do with ā€œTrumpā€™s Americaā€ being already here? Trump had nothing to do with this. What we are reaping now is the harvest of over 60 years of letting the security state apparatus grow unchecked. Blaming this on Trump, or suggesting that somehow his potentially inheriting this wind will make it worse is ridiculous. Almost every administration since Eisenhower has piled on the money, and scraped away our freedoms, each one worse than the one before. If it takes oneā€™s fear of Trump being in charge of this perverted system to get one to act against it, Trumpā€™s got my vote! And why have you not been fighting this the whole time?

4 Likes

The growth of the security state has more or less paralleled the expansion of civil rights, which tells you which side of the argument its agents are on.

Because the media have supported the security system by spreading fear of the other.

4 Likes

3 Likes

15 Likes

America, you are so stupid.

11 Likes

Itā€™s as easy as Ļ€ to give in to āˆ’feelings when bigots try to Ć· us by appealing to the lowest common /d. But I truly believe that, while we may have our differences, there are certain absolute values that most of us share, and that P[(we shall)/come] > 0.99

On the + side, the aftermath of the incident was not what that woman was counting on. To āˆ‘, this story provides yet another proof of what we have said 10^3 X, namely that

Algebra ā‰  AlQaeda

Q.E.frickinā€™ D.

18 Likes

You must have done something to have a likable post. Is there a picture Iā€™m not seeing?

this is a prime example of math puns approaching their limit.

11 Likes

She probably thought he was a Klingon.

2 Likes