Edgar Allan Poe bronze coming to Boston

Actually, I’d be tempted to contribute to a project to do something of that sort. Not this statue, obviously. (It’s such a pity that the line between Amontillado sherry and “tawny port” is pretty much nonexistent, damaging the story’s wine-snobbery plot.)

The statue should feature a Librarybox or just a good ol’ USB dead drop port so that people can download copies of his books…

2 Likes

Nice statue. Nearly all representations of E. A. Poe I’ve seen are just head and shoulders. Does anyone know of a full length color portrait of him?

Yes. He was the Playgirl centerfold in October, 1829.

4 Likes

In my somewhat travelled experience there is nigh a city in the world where sports don’t get mentioned frequently.

Yes, but what did he accomplish in Boston? Learn to walk?

And just look at the magnificent stride he developed! Balitmore can cast their own far less dramatic statue of him with the quill in hand if they wish.

3 Likes

Album of additional images (thanks reddit!)

2 Likes

I think this is a perfect statue of Poe for Boston. He’s got his bag packed, he’s in mid-stride: pretty obvious to me he’s leaving Boston.

1 Like

Certainly, however, if you look at the additional images, you can clearly see where he left his heart.

1 Like

Eh, I’m blaming that raven and a choice of shoddy luggage. Wouldn’t see a heart tumbling out of a quality piece of Samsonite, let me tell you.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s just because you jerks ignored his desperate pleas to let him out of the crypt.

2 Likes

let me tell-tale you.

ftfy :wink:

1 Like

So where in Boston is Edgar Allen Poe Square? I’ve lived in around Boston my whole life and I can think of dozens of squares in Boston and the surrounding towns (and use most of them when giving directions), but I have no idea where it actually is? Is it legitimately a square or is it just an intersection they put an extra sign up at?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.