Eel farm-themed tee shirts

Originally published at: Eel farm-themed tee shirts | Boing Boing

1 Like

Went to Real Life Aquatics, but they do not seem to carry the tiny, bubbling @FloridaManJefe figure that I want for my aquarium. Disappoint

3 Likes

ok, i’ll bite…
describe the item (or better yet, an image would be nice).
but i will offer my imagined “florida man aquarium bubbler”:
a plastic figure on a man whose leg is in the jaws of an alligator, face and arms lifted toward the water’s surface, mouth open as if to scream yet all that comes out is an endless stream of bubbles.

eels are cool, too.

6 Likes

It’s like you read my mind! The figure does have a captain’s hat in my imagination though

4 Likes

This guy’s great! :joy:

coy fish

Are they fish who are tease-y flirts, or are they koi?

ETA tpyo - guy, not gut, even

5 Likes

5 Likes

Koi not coy.
Ooh, good new band name!

4 Likes

“The Government Fears the Indoor Eel Farmer”

Er, what? I feel like there’s a story here that’s not even being touched upon by the post…

4 Likes

Is that a screenshot from Grounded!? If so I need to revisit that game…

1 Like

It came from a microsquish page re: drawing koi :smiley:

1 Like

That was my first thought. Also, what does the government think about outdoor eel farmers?

3 Likes

My question also. Is home eel farming a new prepper thing? It wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

As far as I know, they’re okay with it? Dunno what kind of eels these are, but apparently there’s only one farm in the US that raises glass eels, which have to be captured as larvae, since they can’t reproduce in captivity.

Yeah, it’d be less nutty than a lot of prepper stuff, and eel meat is pricey, so I could see someone deciding it’s a good source of cash. Though you also couldn’t breed them, which would seem like a stumbling block, but if you were willing to ignore regulations about capturing the young…

1 Like

Obligatory…

3 Likes

Preppers favour Tilapia, apparently.

1 Like

Why keep electric eels in a basement?

Is there a trapdoor above them?

1 Like

Of course, exactly below the hovercraft parking spot.

2 Likes

we have these beauties out back.
while i don’t exactly farm them, i have fed some. they like hot dogs.
eels are cool.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I would buy an embroidery machine but you know any upgrade forbids your pardon