Eerie skyscraper moans in the wind

[Read the post]

1 Like

Are you using well tempered tuning, equal tuning, Pythagorean tuning, perfect fifth/twelfth???

Just tuning, 43 tone, stretched… Which one is it man???

(It’s 246.9H, isn’t it. You philistine)

2 Likes

Video link for the BBS.

1 Like

Yeah, there are easily what, six notes playing at the same time without overtones?

They need to get in there with a couple snarks and true their tones up!

(Did I mention i moved a piano and a pump organ yesterday, then taught my godson diminished and augmented chord theory?)

2 Likes

At first I was all “eerie skyscraper”? How about the noise is eerie and not the building?

And then I saw this weirdo building in a skyline of shorter, more relatable brick buildings and I was all, “oh, Bond villain building, that is eerie.”

8 Likes

Jesus, it’s like the combine from Half Life landed on earth and decided to fuck with Manchester.

Oh, totally not on purpose guise, yew know raaaiiii?

5 Likes

Colossi of Mammon (okay, not the same sound-producing mechanism as the Memnon…)

1 Like

It’s colloquially known as Football Towers because of the number of footballers that live there. There’s a restaurant on the 23rd floor (called Cloud 23) that has some fantastic views of Manchester.

1 Like

As far as I know, it’s the only building in Britain with its own parody Twitter account: https://twitter.com/angrybeetham

Meanwhile, in Leeds, we’ve got a wind-accelerating building: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgewater_Place

6 Likes

At least it isn’t melting cars and cooking eggs!

5 Likes

[quote=“beschizza, post:1, topic:69961”]Moancore[/quote]Is that a real thing? I would believe it.

Do we have sighcore yet? Perhaps sneezecore?

1 Like

Not yet, but give the robot more time to integrate to society before revealing its intentions.

1 Like

Hell, thats annoying. Another reason NOT to live in Manchester.

What a great tone! I love it. Feel sorry for the poor people living there, though.

Wonder if this was done on purpose, not very much unlike in Patlabor The Movie?

2 Likes

sure as hell would make me go berserk, robot or not.

It’s in Manchester- even if it was a perfectly polished parabolic mirror, not enough sunlight would break through the permanent drizzle.

1 Like

Yeah, it made me think of the Vdara death ray in Las Vegas, and Galupping Gertie in Tacoma. If only there were a way of testing these designs in a computer sim, before building them!

2 Likes

I think more “headquarters for an objectively evil corporation run by demons.”

It probably hits some weird arcane tone that makes people weep blood at the right wind speeds.

3 Likes

Hm, I only hear two. Do you have those special cables that preserve the warmth particles?

At 0:06 there are four…

One sec…

0:21 at least two descend, but I’m positive there are more…

0:32 there are a tonof tones, moving all around the place.

0:20-0:26ish are the most obvious, but fairly quiet.

Oh, and audiophiles are self entitled jerks. If I had a few snarks (:D) I could literally show you. Different parts of the building are just moving at different Hertz. Very much like tuvan throat singing.

Edit

There is a resultant, an out of tune octave, what sounds like a fifth and a fourth, and a really out of tune higher ‘whistle’ octave.

2 Likes