Eight hours of rain and the "Blade Runner Blues" is the soundtrack we need, here in the cyberpunk now

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/31/eight-hours-of-rain-and-the.html

7 Likes

I think we’ve had 8 hours of rain total in Tucson this year. <sigh>

6 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing this channel. The atmospherics in Blade Runner are god-level.

10 Likes

We had that yesterday. And the day before. And the day before.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Sorry I can’t send some of our daily rain showers out your way…

1 Like

I fall aleep to Blade Runner rain every night.

4 Likes

Always loved the reference to Frank Loyd Wright’s Mayan period of architecture in Blade Runner… probably the one thing that wouldn’t stand up after 8 hours of rain :grin:

6 Likes

Two hours in I was afraid it had stopped.

2 Likes

Oh man… I’ve been living in western Oregon for a decade and a half now. During the hardest winter rains I’ve got my window cracked open and the sound of rain lulls me to sleep. The darkness is hard, and makes me sluggish and depressed. But there’s nothing like imagining I’m a mossy log or a pile of wet stones just basking in that glorious wet as I fall into the deepest slumber.

During these hot, dry summer months, I feel parched and restless.

5 Likes

Oh. Oh wow. This is my soundtrack for playing Fallen London. Bit of a style clash but it’s got the right vibe.

3 Likes

“All those moments will be lost in time, like farts in a Jacuzzi.”

2 Likes

This has been my go-to office music for months.

Just the chords and instrumentation, stretched way out so as to not distract, just pure ambience of the movie.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.